Thursday, August 21, 2014

Idaho Day 2 - Canal Floating

I was most excited about this Idaho event! I couldn't wait. I have never, ever been floating down a canal but have ALWAYS wanted to. Seriously. We had all sorts of things to float on like noodles, loungers and even an air mattress.
 
The famed Declo, Idaho canal:
 
 
Entering:
 
 
It was a bit chilly upon entrance:
 
 
Floating! Like a boss.
 
 
Amy's mom followed us in the truck the entire way so we didn't have to walk back:
 
 
If I lived there I would do this EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
 
Later that evening we went and saw the movie "Earth To Echo." It is filmed using something called found footage, WHICH means "the events on screen are seen through the camera of one or more of the characters involved." (Wikipedia). WHICH translates to lots of camera jerkiness, WHICH caused motion sickness in my girls!
 
So while Jackson and Amy and her kids watched the movie, my girls and I hung out in the lobby while they tried not to throw up.
 
 
Crazy.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

The first summer we moved to Colorado we floated the Platte River...it was so much fun...something I could have done everyday too. Then the water level dropped and eventually totally dried up. I was so bummed!
That is too bad that the movie made you guys sick.

Kellie DeMille said...

We too saw Earth to Echo and it was awful! The story was cute whatever but that huge screen moving all crazy angles and such was a bit much. I feel Megan and Sade's pain! We went to a few reservoirs in Utah but I don't think I've ever been in a canal, do they have a swift current and you just float to the end? Yet another adventure for you fun McClellans!!