Monday, August 18, 2014

24th of July - 2014

I quite enjoyed this years 24th of July celebration. We continued our tradition of eating before we come (life changing) and arriving around 7 (also life changing).
 
We lost Megan to her friends upon arrival, but I managed to keep ahold of Jackson and Sade for a little longer. Sade for the entire night, and Jackson for about 30 minutes before he too found all of his friends.
 
Events:
 
 
Both Jacks and Sade enjoyed the bull riding. It was fun to watch.
 


We managed to meet up with Jackson and Megan and their friends right before the fireworks started. We so miss these friends that have moved away.




Although you can't adequately tell by the pictures, I thought the fireworks were particularly awesome this year. I was amazed.




I'm so glad that so many people who have moved out of the stake continue to come for pioneer days. It is just so darn good to see everyone.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

The fireworks were amazing!!!! I love how North Stake does the 24th! I brought my own food this year b/c I am being good...it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Kellie DeMille said...

North stake is the best!! We didn't play too many side games this year because the kids actually stood in line for an hour for the dunk tank. (Their second time on it) I think the fireworks are extra awesome because you get to be so close to them :)