During July the kids and I went with Amy (Baird) and her kids to Idaho! Burley to be exact. Or Burl as I enjoy calling it. We stayed with her parents and spent the next few days exploring an all new to us area.
Our first area of exploration was City Of Rocks in Almo, ID. Sadly I don't have any pictures of us driving in but it was so, so cool. Huge, random rocks seemingly appearing out of nowhere. A true "City of Rocks." First we did a bit of hiking. There are lots and lots of hiking trails.
And rock exploring/climbing:
Then we got back into the car and drove to a new spot. After getting out, we hiked a bit more and happily discovered a place that was AMAZING. The pictures don't do it a bit of justice, but it was something that I had never seen before. Rocks and more rocks as far as the eye could see.
I was really nervous the entire time. There were so many rocks, with so many drop-offs I was fearful for the children!
Bathing in rock cutouts:
I'm glad we got to see it.
More Idaho Day 1 posts below....
More Idaho Day 1 posts below....
2 comments:
Alexis did this hike with the Walnum's a long time ago...She said it was really neat. All the rocks and drop offs would terrify me.
Well that is one place I will not be taking my accident prone Hay hay! I'm glad you all made it out safe :)
Post a Comment