Wednesday, June 11, 2014

8th Grade Transistion Ceremony

Megan also had a "transition" ceremony to mark her movement (every time I type the word movement I think of "bowel movement" but I can't think of another word that works!) into high school. Wow. So weird to think of her in high school next year.
 
They gave out what seemed like thousands of awards and we were there for over 2 hours. But it was nice to see all of the kids, most of whom I know, doing so well. Megan receiving her different awards throughout the night:
 
 
She received the Stallion Citizenship Award (for all O's in behavior all year), the Stallion Growth Award in Math, the Somerset Stallion Award (for attending Somerset all 3 years of middle school),  the Stallion Service Award (for being an office aide all year), the Achievement Award (for athletics), the President's Education Award for Academic Excellence (for having a G.P.A of 3.7 or above), AND the Stallion Honor Award (for getting straight A's all of her 8th grade year)!
 
 
See why it took so long?
 
With a couple of her good friends:
 
 
Middle school can be such a trying time, but Megan truly loved it and always had such wonderful friends. I will forever be grateful for that.
 

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I really think that middle school at Somerset was a great thing for Alexis. She had a tough 7th grade year but overall I'm sure it was far less traumatic than it would have been in another school.
Ali and Megan's friendship reminds me of Aubrey and Alexis. They are adorable girls!

Kellie DeMille said...

Good night nurse! I am surprised it only took 2 hours! Way to go Megan!! As Taylor would put it, "You totally rocked it!" (Advancement is a good word. No poop related thoughts :) I just want to say, you and Eric are too young and fun to have a high schooler! I can't believe how grown up she looks. I know I did not look that put together after 8th grade. That Megan is such a great girl!!