Thursday, May 29, 2014

Father's & Sons 2014

Eric and Jackson headed up to Mt. Charleston for the annual Father's and Sons campout. Upon arriving they discovered there were no fires allowed which put a damper on their plans for a dinner of hotdogs over an open fire and S'mores. But happily, someone else (or maybe Eric-I can't remember!) had a camping stove they used.
 
 
Of course there was playing:

 
And then sleeping:
 
 
Eric reported that this was probably the best Jackson had ever slept at a Father's and Sons campout. Apparently there were two different campsites and they ended up at one that was quieter which significantly helped with the sleeping.
 
The next morning after breakfast, Eric and Jackson headed out on a hike.
 
 
This is as far as Jackson would venture onto this suspended log. Thank goodness! I don't mind his somewhat cautious nature.
 
 
While the boys were gone the girls and I went out to dinner, went clothes shopping and then watched a movie. Enjoyable.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Steve and Eli couldn't go to father and sons because Eli had his last baseball game that Saturday morning. Bummer...
Looks like fun and that is too bad about no camp fires!

Kellie DeMille said...

I am constantly annoyed by the "no fire" business. There are fire pits for a reason! It's not like back when I was growing up and they would just create a fire anywhere. The fire is half the fun of camping! That is nice that Jackson slept so well. I like camping but I also like my sleep! I am a fan of cautious kids too. Hayden and her fearlessness is gonna kill me :)