So usually I am quite sad to find the school year ending, but not so much this year. It has been a challenging (but not in an academic way) year for all of my kids. Well, not so much for my kids, they have been fairly happy (which is what matters most), but mostly for me.
Anyway! Sade had a "transition" ceremony (we weren't allowed to call it a graduation ceremony and they did not take the ceremonial cap and gown pictures, which I really would have loved to have) marking her transition from Kinder to First Grade. (I promise the rest of this post will be positive!).
It was a beach theme, and each child was asked to wear a bright colored shirt.
Cute:
Her class:
Her class was quite small compared to the other Kinder classes, with only 18 kids in it.
They performed a couple of songs with the other morning Kinder class:
And then she received her certificate:
With one of her teachers, Mr. Waggoner:
Halfway through the year, her original teacher, Mr. Cohen and her current teacher Mr. Waggoner switched classes (Cohen moved to 3rd grade and Waggoner moved to Kinder). I felt then, and I still do, that it was an unnecessary and disruptive transition. However, Sade really enjoyed Mr. Waggoner's class. She loved all of the animals he brought in, and she had more freedom to develop friendships with her classmates which she really enjoyed. She came home happy and full of stories everyday.
With her other teacher Mr. Cohen:
The "certificate" holder:
Where does the time go?
Megan and Jackson's end of year celebrations below.
3 comments:
Why couldn't they have a "graduation" ceremony? Also...I feel bad for those kids in their uniform shirts. I would feel like a crappy mom who sent their kid in a uniform when they were suppose to wear bright attire!
As for me...I was thrilled with the changing of the teachers! But its just too bad that Waggoner was hired as a 3rd grade teacher to begin with.
"Transition" ceremony sounds ridiculous.
Still unhappy about the teacher change, and it never affected me. Poor decision to do it mid year.
I gave up about a month ago on kinder. I could not get over the amazing amount of sight words and homework sent home. I will post later about our "transition" celebration, it was a mad house! All day was with the 2 afternoon classes and we were not allowed to take pictures when they went up for their certificate. I can say I am done with school! Bring on summer!!
That Sade is Adorable!
Post a Comment