Sade consistently wakes up during the night. Upon awakening she comes into my room and intently stares at me until I too awake (it's unnerving). At which time I walk with her back into her room, pull her covers up and leave. This chain of events happened in the early, early morning hours on the 12th. But then at some point, Sade snuck back into our room, laid herself down on the floor and fell asleep without pillow or blanket. When Eric woke up for work he discovered her there, put his pillow under her head, and covered her with a light robe.
Morning Sade and Tuck:
Jackson and Sade are pretty good little playmates. They spent the morning building tracks and playing games. This pic cracks me up as Sade is somewhat horrified that I am taking pics of them not dressed. But truly it can't be helped since they are not dressed ALL OF THE TIME.
After getting ready and upon leaving the house we discovered firefighters and this burned out car just around the corner. I talked with a firefighter that told me it somehow caught on fire, but no one was hurt. Thank goodness!
Amy had asked me to pick up McKinna from a friends house for her. Car selfie:
After picking her up we went to meet Amy and Liam for breakfast/lunch at Babystacks. I am not normally a breakfast eater, but oh my goodness the carrot cake pancakes at Babystacks are TO DIE FOR. Seriously. So good.
After eating the kids and I ran some errands. First we stopped to buy Father's Day cards and gifts. Jackson lobbied hard for the beer card, but ended up choosing another.
After more shopping and a trip to the library, we stopped at the post office to mail a card to my Dad. Sade writing him a note:
While she wrote Jackson and I took more car selfies:
We headed back home and then I left to get my cars smog checked for the 3rd time! While waiting I did some reading:
It is too long of a story to type up, but I am thrilled to report that my car finally passed! It's kind of a miracle and I do believe direct heavenly intervention may have taken place.
Later that evening we went to the school for the uniform sizing night. Jackson and Sade modeling the new Losee Lions spirit shirts:
Then we went to Chili's. I never, and I repeat never like to eat out twice a day (hello weight gain), but we had a kids eat free coupon and Eric wanted to go, so of course I obliged. After we made a quick stop at Costco.
Sade doing a bit of watermelon choosing:
We all like watermelon, and I feel as though we eat quite a bit of it, but usually can't eat an entire one before it goes bad. I kind of think I need to start splitting one with another family.
Busy day.
FYI: Megan was a girls camp, hence her absence.
3 comments:
What are you reading these days? I need some good summer reads.
Hallelujah your car passed! Do you get a discount for 3 visits? That melted car is insane! You should have sent it to friends out of state and told them it was the heat of Vegas :) I feel so sad about Sade and the not sleeping. That is the Worst!! Hopefully she'll snap out of it soon! I did miss Megan in this 12x12, can't wait to hear all about camp!
That looks like a fairly brand new car...I wonder why it caught on fire....strange! I would hate to wake up to one of my kids staring at me!
Ahhhhhh...Babystacks!!!! I am glad you liked it!!
3 smog checks....yikes! Do you have to pay for each one?
I don't buy watermelon because they are so huge and I really don't know how to cut them but Amy Hughes did teach me today how to pick a good watermelon...she had me grab her one at Costco...I am happy to report that she cut it up and it is a winner!!! Phew!
Post a Comment