Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Street Drama

Friday morning at 6 am a CRIMINAL driving a stolen car crashed into my next door neighbors car, propelling it into their garage:


Then proceeded to back up, speed down my street, lose control, and crash into TWO of my neighbors homes.

First home:



Second home:



The kid driving the stolen car, was miraculously uninjured, hopped out and ran away.

If I had been there I am sure I would have tackled him.

In other news, I was just outside telling a group of 10-15 kids to stay away from the vacant house that has been vandalized (I saw 3 of them exiting from the backyard) or I was calling the police, and told them to make sure they quieted down by no later than 10 tonight because I didn't want them waking my kids.

I then made small talk with them about school starting next week and if they were excited about it. It's like good cop/bad cop. But I get to be both. :)

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck!! I was just talking to Jason about the mass exodus from your ward and mine. I was telling him the neighborhoods are not that bad but maybe I am just oblivious. How awful! Your poor neighbors! What a great thing that no one was injured!!

Rachael said...

Makes me mad when people get away with this kind of thing. These poor people's insurance rates will no doubt be raised because some idiot went on a joy ride! Please get out of that neighborhood!!!

The Hardy's said...

Unbelievable!