Sunday, August 18, 2013

At The Rink

With summer winding down we have been trying to get to all of the places that we have been wanting to visit before going back to school. Including the roller rink!
Sade was quite excited to go and was in good spirits before we got on the rink.



I think she thought she was instantaneously going to remember how to skate, and was quite unreasonable ornery as soon as she entered the rink and realized it was hard.




We couldn't cajole her into a good mood, so we have lots of pics of this type of face:



Jackson gives it all he has and enjoys himself:





He even participated in the limbo contest:



Megan is a good little skater and enjoys herself too:




At one point there were a series of races for different age groups. Megan, Jackson and Sadie were not participating, and Eric and I had not planned to, but when they called out the adult race and no one went out on the floor, I convinced Eric we should give it a try.

Apparently our example inspired 3 other people to go out too, so there were a total of 5 of us racing.

 And guess who came in dead last?

Like majorly dead last.

Me!

 With a hundred people watching me I was feeling kind of embarrassed (not really a feeling I am used to), and was sure my kids were dying of embarrassment on the side lines, BUT they proved me wrong and each came up and gave me a high five and told me good job. My heart melted a little bit.

For our racing efforts Eric and I each earned a ticket which we were able to redeem for free drinks. Score!



Sade livened up towards the end of the night when she discovered she could do splits type tricks when she was holding our hands:



She also did a few back walk-overs on the carpet before leaving:




The girl could use some gymnastics lessons stat.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I love how Sadie just thought the roller skating skills would just come to her when she stepped in the rink. I have the same mentality and am shocked when I am not amazing at skating, or ice skating, or line dancing. In my mind I can see how it's done but it doesn't quite translate in real life. Was roller skate racing on the bucket list? I would definitely cross it off my life accomplishments if it wasn't. Just last night Jason was telling his parents about your bucket list, the trapeze in particular. We just love that bucket list :)

chercard said...

you are such a fun Mom! I would no more go roller skating than cut off my hand! My poor deprived children!

Rachael said...

Good for you in participating! I am loving that your kids congratulated you even though you sucked! JK! Sweet of them though!

The Hardy's said...

Your kids are great AND you scored free drinks! Awesome.