Tuesday, August 13, 2013

12 X 12 - August 2013

I started the day off by sleeping in (as I always do). I am going to go through serious withdrawals when school starts. Upon awakening, I had my breakfast/lunch meal, and then we got ready for the day.
Sade post shower:



Jackson and Sade always look at themselves in this mirror in my room while they brush their teeth. Weird.



Summer means lots of snacks around here. These strawberries were probably snack #4 for the day:



Meg and Sade doing a little floor lounging:



After lunch and house cleaning, Amy came and picked us up for one last visit to the Children's Museum before school starts. This is how Jackson generally exits her car:



After the museum we arrived home to discover that Eric was home early for work. It was Kids Eat Free night at Chili's, so we headed there for dinner. Sade had been extra ornery leading up to us leaving, so when she promptly fell asleep when we left the house we discovered the reason why:



Meg, Sade and Eric at dinner. The girls always sit next to Eric, and Jackson always sits next to me.



(FYI: You used to be able to get 2 free kids meals for every adult meal purchased, but they have now changed it to 1 free kids meal for every adult meal purchased. Whomp, whomp, whomp.)

After our early dinner we traveled the distance to Costco to check out their Vitamix. I want one so bad I can hardly stand it!



Upon arriving home we watched a little T.V. while having popsicles. I do not generally enjoy any kids related television, but I LOVE Good Luck Charlie. This was a new episode and I actually laughed out loud 4 times!



We have a new challenge this month to read all of the Hymns out of the Hymn book during the month of August, so after our popsicle snack we settled down to read them. I imagine that for many families this is a spiritual experience, but my kids end up laughing their guts out almost every night.  They crack up every single time the word bosom is mentioned, and it is mentioned a lot!



Before bed it was let's jump on dad time while he relaxes on the floor:



We have always lived on a quiet street with nice neighbors until about 6 months ago. It started off with large groups of kids hanging out, and then spread to rock throwing, lots of screaming, horrendous language, fighting and vandalism (cars and homes). At first we sort of ignored it, hoping it would go away, and not wanting to provoke any retaliation.  But now I am fed up, and decided to take it upon myself to save our street! I'm not going to take it anymore!

So this may come as a shock, but after we put the kids to bed I become a vigilante! I sit outside in the front yard, monitor all the children hanging out, tell them to be quiet, and then call the police if they get out of control.

I am a very imposing presence. No?



Last night was one of the nights that I ended up having to call the police. I usually don't stick around to see the outcome, but I am to the point that I want the kids to know I mean business so I stuck it out until the police arrived. It was gratifying seeing the kids being sent on their way home. I will prevail!

3 comments:

chercard said...

You are hard core girl! Way to go. My first companion taught me to add "In the Bathtub" to the end of each hymn. We would crack up every sacrament meeting. Or for the adult set you could add "In the Bedroom".

Kellie DeMille said...

Who knew the hymns were so hilarious?! I will now have to be on the lookout for all the bosom references. I am so sad about your neighborhood! I think you should borrow my huge pitbull for your nightly neighborhood smack downs. We could let her attack a punk just to set an example :) I would say have Tucker out there but he would not inspire even the smallest amount of fear. He is too adorable. Is it awful that I don't even know what a Vitamix is?

The Hardy's said...

I am cracking up about the hymns! I need to reread them now.