I don't camp. Ever. However I do consider myself somewhat outdoorsy. I just prefer to be outdoorsy and then go home, or to a hotel at the end of the outdoorsyness.
Nevertheless, when Eric approached me with a plan to spend one night at the girls camp and then to help with an Eagle project the next day, I acquiesced. I'm nice like that.
Getting ready to go. The sheer amount of equipment camping requires is mind boggling.

We left with the threat of monsoons and flash floods, but happily we ended up being blessed with gorgeous weather.
Sade enjoying a seat belt free ride:

Our first order of business was to pick a camp site.

Sade and I modeling our matching shirts:

There ended up being only 3 other families there, so it felt very private:

After setting up a bit, we headed over to the monkey bridge. It gets less and less scary every time I do it.
Pics:













More nature scenes:


After a while we headed back to the tents to get everything set up before dark. Eric somehow had the foresight to bring bug killer to spray our tent.

Back at the campsite we noticed that Sade was blessed with some awesome nighttime camping hair:

I'm including these next ones because she finds them hilarious. As do I:


She had been whining and complaining (surprise!), but as soon as she saw those pics, she couldn't stop herself from laughing.
Me and the girls:


Campfire lighting:



Followed by smores making and eating:



We had eaten dinner before we came. I told Eric that I struggle to make dinner with all the comforts of home, so making dinner in the mountains seemed a bit too monumental to me.
Soon it was time for bed. Jackson, Sadie and Eric all slept very well. Megan and I did not, but them's the breaks.
The next morning:

We stayed throughout the morning to help with an Eagle project. However around 1 there was a massive downpour and hail that forced us all to head home. Darn. And I say that sarcastically because I was not feeling well, had been no help with the project, and was ready to go home.
Until next time! Also said sarcastically.
Getting ready to go. The sheer amount of equipment camping requires is mind boggling.
We left with the threat of monsoons and flash floods, but happily we ended up being blessed with gorgeous weather.
Sade enjoying a seat belt free ride:
Our first order of business was to pick a camp site.
Eric's first priority was to put up his Seahawks flag in honor of the game that evening:
Sade and I modeling our matching shirts:
There ended up being only 3 other families there, so it felt very private:
After setting up a bit, we headed over to the monkey bridge. It gets less and less scary every time I do it.
Pics:
More nature scenes:
After a while we headed back to the tents to get everything set up before dark. Eric somehow had the foresight to bring bug killer to spray our tent.
Back at the campsite we noticed that Sade was blessed with some awesome nighttime camping hair:
I'm including these next ones because she finds them hilarious. As do I:
She had been whining and complaining (surprise!), but as soon as she saw those pics, she couldn't stop herself from laughing.
Me and the girls:
Campfire lighting:
Followed by smores making and eating:
We had eaten dinner before we came. I told Eric that I struggle to make dinner with all the comforts of home, so making dinner in the mountains seemed a bit too monumental to me.
Soon it was time for bed. Jackson, Sadie and Eric all slept very well. Megan and I did not, but them's the breaks.
The next morning:
We stayed throughout the morning to help with an Eagle project. However around 1 there was a massive downpour and hail that forced us all to head home. Darn. And I say that sarcastically because I was not feeling well, had been no help with the project, and was ready to go home.
Until next time! Also said sarcastically.
4 comments:
How fun that you got to camp there the night before! I am not much of a camper either but I think being able to stay the night there was fun for the experience of it all!
I do not mind the camping part (except not sleeping well), but the preparation drives me CRAZY. The stuff needed is insane and the clean up is worse!
I am a camper. I just love it! But as I get older and have to be the responsible Mom it has lost some of its appeal. Camping gear is one thing but adding all the kid gear as well is just too much. When we go camping our house is crazy bare because we have to take everything!
I love the pictures of Sadie and her camping hair, she is adorable :) You are a good woman to sacrifice for the fun of the family and support an Eagle scout project.
I love that you went camping. I am so NOT a camper, but the pictures look like you had lots of fun. You rock outdoorsyness!
Post a Comment