A bit of miscellany to catch up on.
1. Eric snapped this picture of me and Sade sleeping (without my knowledge) and then texted it to me. I rather like it because it makes me look so serene about her sleeping with me when in actuality I am not a fan.

2. We recently crab sat for a week and I can't tell you the paranoia I had each morning that he would bite the bullet while under our care.

Luckily he is a hardy little fellow and made it through.
3. Last week it was Cowboys and Indians night at pack meeting and it was requested that parents and children dress up. I was of course thrilled by this as I love a good theme, but then was less thrilled when I arrived to find out I was the only adult to dress up!

I actually really wasn't that upset, since as previously mentioned, I LOVE TO DRESS UP!
4. This summer has been a reminder to Jackson how much he enjoys track building. He set this particular one up in his room, but they have migrated into the living room many times.

5. A summertime Slurpee pic:

6. When Eric's parents were here we played a game of Quiddler. During each hand you are dealt a certain number of cards that have letters on them, your objective then is to make a word based on the letters you have received. We all quite enjoyed it when Eric's dad who is named Mike, was randomly dealt 4 cards that spelled his name! What are the chances?!

7. And lastly, something that is still thrilling me 2 weeks after it happened. Two weeks ago, TOMS shoes had a warehouse sale on the other side of town. I was excited to check it out, but was quickly dismayed to find that when we (the kids and I) arrived we were told that it was a 40 minute wait to just get a look at the shoes. Jackson was even more dismayed, as he HATES shopping, and actually broke down in tears. Since I had driven so far to get there, I decided to wait in the never ending line.

What was supposed to be a 40 minute wait, turned out to be a one and a half hour wait! Oy vey! But then this happened:

TOMS for the entire family! And guess how much money I saved? Go ahead, guess.
$202.00!!!!
I can't get over it.
2. We recently crab sat for a week and I can't tell you the paranoia I had each morning that he would bite the bullet while under our care.
Luckily he is a hardy little fellow and made it through.
3. Last week it was Cowboys and Indians night at pack meeting and it was requested that parents and children dress up. I was of course thrilled by this as I love a good theme, but then was less thrilled when I arrived to find out I was the only adult to dress up!
I actually really wasn't that upset, since as previously mentioned, I LOVE TO DRESS UP!
4. This summer has been a reminder to Jackson how much he enjoys track building. He set this particular one up in his room, but they have migrated into the living room many times.
5. A summertime Slurpee pic:
6. When Eric's parents were here we played a game of Quiddler. During each hand you are dealt a certain number of cards that have letters on them, your objective then is to make a word based on the letters you have received. We all quite enjoyed it when Eric's dad who is named Mike, was randomly dealt 4 cards that spelled his name! What are the chances?!
7. And lastly, something that is still thrilling me 2 weeks after it happened. Two weeks ago, TOMS shoes had a warehouse sale on the other side of town. I was excited to check it out, but was quickly dismayed to find that when we (the kids and I) arrived we were told that it was a 40 minute wait to just get a look at the shoes. Jackson was even more dismayed, as he HATES shopping, and actually broke down in tears. Since I had driven so far to get there, I decided to wait in the never ending line.
What was supposed to be a 40 minute wait, turned out to be a one and a half hour wait! Oy vey! But then this happened:
TOMS for the entire family! And guess how much money I saved? Go ahead, guess.
$202.00!!!!
I can't get over it.
2 comments:
I love the picture of you and Sadie sleeping. I put my years in of having kids sleeping with us and it is horrible! I feel your pain! I think my favorite thing about you, besides your wonderful sense of humor, is that you are always willing to dress up and be involved. It makes me smile :) What are the chances of being dealt your name? I hope he ran to the casinos after. What a score on the Tom's!!!
Great savings on the Toms!!! Love the sleeping picture! I love that you dressed up!!!
Post a Comment