There seems to be a lot of cooking to do on Father's Day, and since I am not a big fan of cooking, I find it stressful. So as we were going to bed on Saturday night I broke the news to Eric that I didn't think I could cook breakfast AND dinner. He took it well.
I was running around a bit like a crazy person Sunday morning making sure everyone was dressed and ready early. And since Eric didn't have any meetings Sunday morning, he was here to witness it. Jackson was giving a Father's Day talk in Sacrament meeting which Eric did not know about. There were a few close calls (Sadie is a terrible secret keeper) but we managed to keep it a secret all week and have Jackson waiting up on the stand when Eric walked in. I thought my frantic behavior would have tipped Eric off, but luckily it did not!
Jackson looked so itty-bitty up there:

He did such a good job.

After church it was present opening time!








Eric received lots of homemade cards, books, audio books, new pens, and treats.
Not to mention lots of physical attention:



Eric wanted steak for dinner, which meant I didn't really even have to cook dinner either since I am not a steak cooking connoisseur.

Father's Day Pics:




As I wrote on Facebook and Instagram: "I know how lucky my kids are to have Eric, but they don't even realize the full scope of it yet."
Jackson looked so itty-bitty up there:
He did such a good job.
After church it was present opening time!
Eric received lots of homemade cards, books, audio books, new pens, and treats.
Not to mention lots of physical attention:
Eric wanted steak for dinner, which meant I didn't really even have to cook dinner either since I am not a steak cooking connoisseur.
Father's Day Pics:
As I wrote on Facebook and Instagram: "I know how lucky my kids are to have Eric, but they don't even realize the full scope of it yet."
2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe you kept a sacrament talk a secret all week! That is very impressive. Jackson does look so little up there. I get really stressed about the Father's Day cooking too. What a fun Father's Day!
Love that you took a picture of Jackson on the stand! It is a big feat to cook a big breakfast and a big dinner! Wish we could just go out to eat!!!!
Post a Comment