For our Adventure Angels activity this month we attended an aerial silks class. Professionals use the silks to do all sorts of acrobatic tricks in the air, but we as amateurs pretty much just learned to wrap the silks around our legs and perform a few ground based tricks.
A little bit of silk stretching:

Attempting to climb the silk and not getting far. You have to have a lot more arm and grip strength than I do:


Tricks! The fun part!

This is not the sport for someone with extremely limited flexibility (i.e. me).


I am refraining from posting pictures of other friends doing full splits to make myself feel better.
Upside down. My favorite trick:

Our fun group this time:

Jennie, Rachel, Rachael, Gina, Me, and another Rachel!
As I was registering on-line for this class Jackson was hanging out with me. As he left the office I heard Eric ask Jackson what I was doing and he responded with, "Mom is just signing up for a class that teaches you how to dance on a pole."
Ha, ha, ha.
They do teach pole dancing there, which could very well be our next activity!
Attempting to climb the silk and not getting far. You have to have a lot more arm and grip strength than I do:
Tricks! The fun part!
This is not the sport for someone with extremely limited flexibility (i.e. me).
I am refraining from posting pictures of other friends doing full splits to make myself feel better.
Upside down. My favorite trick:
Our fun group this time:
Jennie, Rachel, Rachael, Gina, Me, and another Rachel!
As I was registering on-line for this class Jackson was hanging out with me. As he left the office I heard Eric ask Jackson what I was doing and he responded with, "Mom is just signing up for a class that teaches you how to dance on a pole."
Ha, ha, ha.
They do teach pole dancing there, which could very well be our next activity!
2 comments:
What a fun activity! I always think I'm flexible and then try to do yoga and realize I'm old and creaky. That Jackson is hilarious!!
That was fun but I was super sore from it! It was harder than I thought!!!!
Post a Comment