Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Truck Races

Announcement:

Congratulation Cheryl for being the only person to correctly identify John "Cougar" Mellencamp's song, "Cherry Bomb" in my birthday post. Expect your prize soon!

Now onto today's post:

While I was risking my life at our last Adventure Angels activity, Eric took the kids to the World Truck Series at the Speedway. We have been to the bullring at the Speedway before, but this was everyones first time visiting the big track.






To make the race a bit more exciting they each chose a car at the start of the race to root for. According to Eric, the chosen car ended up being a revolving door of sorts, based on who was in the lead, what truck broke down, etc. I believe Megan's car ended up winning in the end, but I also believe it was the second or possibly third truck she ended up choosing.

It was loud!!! And subsequently this is how the kids watched the majority of the race:




Jackson checking out the competition:



 I do believe they all had an enjoyable night at the races:




Although I also had an enjoyable night, I must admit that as I was hanging off a ledge 900 feet above the ground at the Stratosphere I was wishing pretty hard I was instead watching trucks race around a circle. And that's really saying something, since I don't find racing to be the most exciting of activities.

5 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I always forget how loud the races are. The pictures of them all covering their ears is hilarious!

chercard said...

Okay confession time....I could sing the song when I saw the title of the blog post, but I couldn't identify the artist (was thinking Bryan Adams). So I did google it which probably disqualifies me for the prize!

Sarah said...

Totally not disqualified! I fully expected everyone to google it, and you are the only one who did! You still get the prize.

The Hardy's said...

I've never been to the races, but it looks like fun. Maybe I better bring earplugs though!

Rachael said...

I didn't comment since Cheryl got it first...although I had NO idea who sang it or what song it was (is).
Looks like fun!!!