Friday, October 12, 2012

Five For Friday - Sadie Said Edition

The fact that I get to hang out with Sadie, EVERYDAY, makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world. Seriously. She is constant entertainment, good natured, helpful, sarcastic, and hilarious.
 I completely adore her.
I have an uber-amount of stuff to record about Sade, and have decided to start with a few things she has said lately.
 
 
The kids were playing a game of would you rather in the car. Here is what Sadie asked us:

"Would you rather touch a worm, or have someone shoot you?"
 
 We all chose touch a worm.
 
 
A conversation:

Me: "Are you going to go to college."
Sadie: "No."
Me: "No?!!!" Of course you are!"
Sadie: "Only if your payin'."
 
 
 
While driving around one day, a guy in a truck flipped us off (for an entire block!) and yelled and swore at us out of his window (for an entire block!). As I was discussing his behavior with the kids,

Sadie remarked matter of factly, "Well. He must not follow Jesus."
 
 
While driving in the car I was explaining to the kids what rabies was. This conversation with Sadie followed:

Sadie: "A girl in my pre-school class has rabies."
Me: "I don't think so."
Sadie: "Yes she does."
Me: "What do you think rabies is?"
Sadie: "Well, um....It's when you need sugar for something."
Me: "Oh you mean diabetes?"
Sadie: "Yes!"
 
 
Sadie: "I really like that show called, "Small People In The Big Town." (Little People Big World)
 
 
And one bonus item:
 
Sadie was asking me to do something for her, and I told her no. She then said: "Mom, if you don't do it, I won't visit you when your old."
 

Perfection.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

That Sadie is such a hoot! I love the rabies conversation. I love how my kids know everything and I'm lame old Mom. Sorry about the whole flipping you off incident :)

Autumn said...

She is a fun girl! Wish I could hang out with her more often!