Monday, October 1, 2012

Four More Years

On Saturday afternoon Eric brought me home an early birthday present!

Tickets to see President Obama speak on Sunday evening!



He really loves me.

It was a grassroots rally, featuring the Mexican Superstar Band Mana! Which I have never heard of, but who are apparently incredibly famous.

I abhor crowds and was feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of finding parking and dealing with the hoards of people, but luckily I have Eric to handle those sorts of things and convince me it wouldn't be any big deal.

And of course, he was right. Although the walk to the high school did prove to be quite long.



During the election season there are not too many things to love about living in a swing state (I can't take any more political ads!), but one major benefit is we get lots of visits from the candidates.

We arrived at the high school about an hour after they had opened the gates. All of the bleachers were already filled so we joined the group on the grass.




The Secret Service on the roof:



Me and my people:

:)



There were over 11,000 of us supporters there.

It was so super hot! Luckily the sun went down soon after Mana, THE MEXICAN SUPERSTAR band performed.

Then the wait was on. At just a bit after 6:30 p.m. President Obama walked out.



I was glad they had this big screen, since I couldn't see a thing!

Sometimes it is not so great being short.

 Although I did have Eric lift me up a few times.




I'm so glad I went.

 I only wish the kids could have come too!

As a caveat: This post is not intended to spark any political discussions, arguments or bad feelings. Love and light.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm just leaving a comment so you know I read your post...I have nothing more to say! HAHA!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

Did you buy the mexican superstar's CD? Did I ever tell you I was once in a mariachi band in Arizona? True story, I played the trumpet. I also was the only white person so I stood out like a sore thumb and I couldn't quite get the Aye-Yie Yie down :) I'm glad you had fun, and that Eric is scoring more and more points for his husband of the year award.

chercard said...

YOu know my sentiments from the card I gave you ;)