Yesterday was Eric's birthday! He spent the day at work (sad part of life as an adult) but had present opening to look forward to when he arrived home.
He received clothes, a beard trimmer, a SeaHawks pumpkin carving kit, other super exciting miscellaneous items such as dental floss, and money!
Tucker had lots of fun with present opening too:
As Eric was admiring his SeaHawks pumpkin carving kit, Sade and I performed an elaborate stunt to distract him (she is quite the actress), and then brought out his big gift:
A new T.V.!
If you know me you know that I would rather do things than have things, which means I would rather go out to dinner than buy a new pair of shoes, or go on vacation instead of buying a new T.V., but this time I changed my tune and bought a thing instead of an experience.
I think he may have liked it even better than the pumpkin carving kit.
For comparison sake this is our old T.V., given to us by dear friends when our last T.V. bit the dust:
In fact we have never bought a new T.V. the entire time we have been married. All televisions we have owned have come to us second hand and free from various individuals. We have been so blessed!
After present opening we went to dinner at Metro Pizza (Eric's choice of course).
We have been to Metro a number of times but had never tried their buffalo chicken pizza. Oh my gosh it was good! And that is coming from me who does not love pizza.
On the way to the car Sade delighted us with some Gangnam style dancing! We are obsessed. You can find at least one of us (excluding Megan who thinks it is incredibly embarrassing) Gangnam dancing ALL OF THE TIME. In restaurants, stores, parks, everywhere! Eric is the best at it. Ask him to do it next time you see him.
Upon arriving home it was time for brownies:
And then we set up the T.V. and were all mesmerized by it until bedtime.
Happy Birthday Eric!
3 comments:
That song came on the radio in the car last week...Oliver got mad when I tried to change it so I turned it back...when I looked in the mirror he was doing some dance moves from it...I have no idea how but it was hilarious! I find the song obnoxious!
Congrats on your first brand new TV!!!
Sorry I must live under a rock, I don't know what dance Sadie is dancing or the song it goes to. What an awesome birthday gift!! Once we got the flat screen in the living room it was painful to watch the oldie goldie in our room. It's a whole new world :) Sarah, who doesn't like pizza? Honestly? It's a yummy dinner but also can double as a wonderful breakfast the next day! I think floss is a wonderful birthday gift, I am a dedicated flosser. Happy Birthday Eric!!!
We too have never bought a new TV! Our TV looks just like your old one! It may be a Christmas purchase.
Post a Comment