Thursday, October 4, 2012

17 Has Turned 35

I have been waiting to turn 35 for years just so I could use that song lyric as my post title!
 
And...If anyone comments on this blog post and knows what song it comes from I will send you a gift!

(Kellie & Rachael: Since you are my two regular commenters you have a really great chance of winning!!!)
 
But seriously 17
 
 
Has Turned 35.




Check out how I am wearing the same vest in both pictures! It wasn't even planned. Although as a 17 year old you may notice that it actually buttoned up.

Moving along.........

I started my birthday off by having breakfast with some of my friends:



 Amy, Cheryl, Me & Rachael

Sharing any meal with friends is kind of one of the best parts of life. Right?

I received lots of GREAT, heartfelt cards this year. EXCEPT this one from Cheryl:




Just you wait until your birthday in May Cheryl!

You may know that I am obsessed with Donut Gems? Along with a Diet Coke and peanuts I have them every morning for breakfast. Thanks to Rachael (and Eric) my stock has sufficiently replenished:



Rachael did you receive any flack from the clerk at the convenience store while purchasing these multiple packs?

After Eric arrived home from work I opened my presents:



I received lots of homemade gifts from the kids. Including tickets for free hugs, massages, and art work, along with a ticket (from Jackson) to take him back to the Adventuredome by November.

I also received lots of cool stuff, including, jewelry, a safe, candles, lotion, soap, and money!

After dinner we came home for cake. Eric stayed up late the night before my birthday making me a double decker German chocolate cake! My favorite:



Impressive!

Sade and Jackson finding room for all 35 candles:



I am happy to report I was able to blow the candles out all at once!!

Thank you to everyone that spent time with me, called me, texted me, or facebooked me on my birthday! It was so nice.

6 comments:

chercard said...

I'm famous! My card was spotlighted, I'm so honored :)

Autumn said...

I don't know what you were like at 17 but at 35 you are a blast and lookin better than ever!!

Jossie said...

You haven't aged a bit! And way to go for keeping the vest you wore when you were 17! I wonder if some of my teenage clothes are still at my parent's house. That would be fun! Happy belated birthday!

chercard said...

Cherry bomb by John Cougar Mellencamp is the song by the way!

Kellie DeMille said...

Sarah you are such a crack up! I love the vest from 18 years ago, it still looks as awesome now as it did then! And I have to agree with Autumn's post that you do look better than ever. I peaked at 22 and it has been all down hill from there :) It makes me sad that you get to eat donuts everyday and still look as good as you do, some people get all the luck! I love the kids putting all the candles on the cake. Happy 35!!!!

Rachael said...

Yes the guy at the store did question my purchase...I told him my friend was addicted to them and it was a birthday present.
The cake is really impressive! I want to see the Toms you got! Or was that just a box for your gifts? Jacksons gift was so funny!!!
I am impressed that you have anything from HS...I don't have one item!!!!
Hope you had a great Birthday!