We started out strong! Sadie threw her first in the air and declared, "I'm never giving up!"
The same can't be said of Megan who faded quickly. The girl seems to have some sort of mental block when it comes to hiking. Check out her face:
No matter that she can swim for a solid hour without stopping, when it comes to hiking she looks like she is going to take her last breath 10 minutes in. She recovered and managed to smile soon after we entered the shaded, somewhat jungle looking area:
Eventually we made it to the rocky, walled canyon portion of the hike:
We stopped to check out some rocks:
And take some sp's:
We finally made it to the top! During the spring, summer and winter, water runs out of this rock:
On the way down we stopped to walk along this fallen log:
The hike took us quite a while (4 hours!!). For reference the sign when we started said it was a one and half hour hike. Granted, we did stop to play and certainly took our time. But still!
2 comments:
What a good idea, to go hiking at Mt Charleston! The kids can get all their energy out and it is cool enough that they won't be dying 5 minutes after being outside. I really love summer but I hate the kids whining about being hot! Poor Megan, I wouldn't want someone taking my picture while hiking, it would not be pretty and would probably be accompanied by a finger :)
Impressive!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment