Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adventure Angels Activity #2

Our Adventure Angels activity for July was indoor rock climbing!

The climbing crew:



Although I had never been rock climbing I wasn't particularly nervous about this activity, UNTIL we got there and I started to worry I wouldn't be able to make it to the top. Especially since I was the last to go, and everyone before me had made it.

Luckily, I did too!





 After mastering the easiest course up, we moved on to one slightly more difficult:



Happily we were all successful once again. Not surprisingly since we are all incredibly tough to begin with.

We eventually made our way upstairs to the area that required us to climb rope free. It was much more difficult up there, and required a whole lot of upper body and grip strength we didn't really have. Nevertheless, we did our best.

My best on this inverted wall was to hoist myself up and then not be able to move:



We tried out this wall which required a very specific course up which stretched our legs to uncomfortable lengths (especially those of us on the shorter side):




From this point, us shorter climbers, had to jump to get to the top.



 On my first try I fell. But because I wouldn't let the wall get the best of me, I tried again.



This time making it! Although the above picture doesn't document the success, believe me when I tell you it was impressive. No matter that everyone else made it on their first try!

In conclusion, indoor rock climbing was great! I particularly enjoyed coming home with fewer injuries than paint ball cursed me with.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Wow, I am very impressed with you ladies! Congratulations on all your rock climbing accomplishments. I'm suprised it wasn't on your bucket list :)

Rachael said...

I love it too!!! Something I would definitely do again.