Swim Team ended last week! Boo-hoo! I loved it, and the kids did too. It was especially great because they could both swim at the same time, it was 3 days a week, and it was cheap. However, the old adage, "You get what you pay for", certainly rang true. It was not the most organized of teams, and didn't have the most dedicated instructors (think teenagers who didn't take their job all too seriously), BUT my kids became excellent swimmers over the summer so the complaints have fallen by the wayside.
Megan was already quite a good swimmer, but over the summer became SUPER FAST and her form improved. Plus she learned how to do that turn-around thingy under the water, which I think is so cool:
Jackson had major improvement! Before swim team he swam exclusively with his head above the water. But now he swims with his head under water, AND has mastered all strokes.
His diving still needs a bit of work:
Ok. A lot of work.
I previously mentioned that although swim team was at four o'clock in the afternoon, OUTSIDE, with temperatures upwards of 115 degrees, it was still great because I had lots of friends to hang out with. And so did Sade:
It made us both quite happy.
2 comments:
Poor Jackson, that belly flop looks painful :) You are a good Mom to sit out in the heat all summer!
Ugh...4pm...no thank you! Glad you enjoyed it though! I still wish Alexis had a love for the sport!
Post a Comment