Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day Of School - 2012

Well it happened. Megan and Jackson once again started school. I always have mixed feelings. Especially this year because we had a really great summer full of freedom and fun.

 We didn't get home from vacation until Sunday night, so it was a bit of a rush getting ready. Although we had all of our school supplies, I discovered that the uniform company had only sent me one of Jacksons uniform shirts. Oy vey! Did I mention that I purchased them at the beginning of August, and people who purchased them after me had received theirs?! Did I also mention that they guaranteed me I would have them? And did I mention that they now tell me they are back ordered and have no idea when they will be getting them in? It is frustrating to me, but at least Jackson has one shirt, and luckily I held off giving away his shirts from last year so he won't be clothesless.

I'm kind of in love with the new logo shirts. All of the kids look so good in them.

 
 
Heading out:
 
 
Meeting up with friends:
 
 
I had heard that they were encouraging parents to just drop off their kids and not walk them in, but I didn't like that so I walked them in anyway. Well at least I walked Jackson in. Megan was long gone.
 
 
 
They both had really awesome days! When I asked Jackson how his day was, he responded in dare I say and enthusiastic and excited voice, "It was great!". This is from the boy who is usually pretty closed mouthed about school and generally says everything is fine. He really liked his teacher and said she was nice. He was also pretty happy that she appears to be a big Harry Potter fan.
 
 
Unlike Jackson, Megan likes to give a full report. Which I think is fabulous!
 
Some highlights:
 
She has lunch with most of her friends.
She has all new teachers and thought they were all good.
She especially liked her guitar teacher.
Her guitar class only has 10 kids in it.
She is the only 7th grader in her pre-algebra class. The rest are 8th graders. And there are only 3 boys in it.
 
 
Woo-Hoo for School!

5 comments:

Vegasarnolds said...

I hate to admit it, but I like the logo polos too!

chercard said...

love her sparkly Toms! I love the logo polos too. We also had a mix up, but fortunately we have 3 shirts for Garrett but the others are at least a couple of weeks out!

Kellie DeMille said...

I wish Tyson would give me a report on school, maybe it's a boy thing to be vague. I was blaming it on Jason (at work they call him Gabby he talks so much) Like father, like son I guess. Sorry about the shirt mix up, that stinks!

Rachael said...

I love the uniforms too! But the school needs to get a new uniform supplier! They are HORRIBLE!!!! Sarah Sarah Sarah....you walked your kids into the school when they said over and over not to??? I am not sure we can be friends anymore...I am a rule follower and you have just proved yourself to be a rule breaker!

chercard said...

I agree they need a new shirt supplier, just hope the cost wouldn't go up if they found one

I am a rule breker too Rachael...guess we can't be friends anymore :)