Months ago the sprinklers in charge of watering the top half of our lawn gave up the ghost. The ensuing months have not been pretty. Imagine dead grass. Or in lieu of imagining, look at this picture:
Eventually, Eric found time to tackle the problem (after I hounded him about it for a few months). It ended up being quite a big problem that required quite a lot of part replacement. And quite a lot of mud:
But it worked!
After 3 weeks the grass has made a comeback:
(As an aside, whenever I hear the word comeback I automatically think of LL Cool J's song "Mama Said Knock You Out", which if you are totally cool like me you know starts with the lyrics, "Don't call it a comeback.")
Anyone else?
Anyway, these next pictures show the grass in a sad state, but you can rest easily knowing the problem has been fixed!
Now if you know me, you know that I am not a gun person. I am all for gun control (gasp!), and don't find them particularly interesting. However, our favorite family activity as of late, is shooting the BB gun in the backyard. Life is full of contradictions!
We set up little army men, soda cans, and targets and then have various competitions.
Eric always wins:
But the rest of us are pretty good too:
Even Sadie Baby, who pretty much aims and fires in under 3 seconds, but still almost always manages to hit the target:
3 comments:
Hilarious! I am going to be singing LL Cool J all day now, thank you very much! Good job on getting the grass back in this heat, that is dedication. I love the BB gun competitions, Tyson may have a new activity to do tonight.
I don't know that song!
I thought you signed up for the CCW class...no? I thinks its funny you guys shoot a BB gun in your back yard!
Better watch out, first a BB gun, next an AK 47!
Post a Comment