Friday, August 5, 2011

USU & The Zoo

We woke up leisurely on our first day staying with my mom. We had planned to visit Utah State to walk around, and to buy a license plate frame for my car. And.....to have lunch at my very favorite bread place that is on campus. Well, we were a bit late and arrived at 2:10 p.m. Only to discover that the bread place closes at 2 p.m. during the summer! Crushing. I did however manage to buy the frame. Yippee. And we also were able to do quite a bit of walking around.


We visited the famous Aggie "A". It was under construction, and thereby a bit lackluster.


Or "lame" as the kids informed me. The legend is that you are not a true Aggie unless you kiss over the "A" on the night of Homecoming, or during a full moon. I am not a true Aggie. However, once getting home I discovered that Eric is! The nerve!!!!

Since we missed having bread, we had the next best thing: Aggie Ice Cream, for lunch. Did I mention that it was the second day in a row we had ice cream for lunch? Seize the day!


After dinner we took a trip to Willow Park Zoo. I love it there. It's basically perfectly shaded goodness.


We then went home, had our nightly Popsicle (or 2) while sitting outside, and went to bed!

1 comment:

Kellie DeMille said...

Ice cream for lunch 2 days in a row! Awesome!! I hope your kids know they have the coolest Mom around!! Good to know Eric is a True aggie. My family always called slow people: slow poke aggies. Sorry we grew up BYU fans :)