Monday, August 15, 2011

12 X 12 - August 2011

Sade and I started the day off by making muffins. Sade has more cooking experience (and probably skills)  than both Megan and Jackson combined. She loves it.


Jackson walked on furniture while we cooked.

While Megan made miniature clothing out of the fabric she received at activity days.


For lunch the kids had hot dogs. I hate hot dogs so much that I seriously almost threw up while cooking them. The smell! Bleh..........


After lunch we ran some errands. First we went to Kohl's for school shoes.


I had to venture into the adult section for Megan this year. It was A LOT more expensive!

Then we went to the bank.

If  you ever are behind me in drive-thru at the bank, consider yourself lucky. Because......I always have my deposit slip completely filled out and ready to go. Unlike every person I am always behind, who is never prepared! It is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

On the way home I spotted my very favorite flowers in Nevada. I love when they are in bloom.


It's a bit strange that I love them so, given my distaste for the color orange, but it can't be helped.

When we arrived back home, it was reading time.


It seems as if I have spent the majority of the month of August reading. In this picture I am reading out loud to the kids, "The Fairy-Tale Detectives", which is our August book club selection. But I have also been reading the Book Of Mormon in 30 days, along with the book, "The Wonder Spot", that I am mildly obsessed with.

Jackson is often acting all sorts of crazy while we read.

Soon after reading, we went bowling with some friends.


It was enjoyable.

That night I took my boyfriend out to dinner, since he had a rare Friday night break from soccer season.


We went to The Cannery (mainly because I had a coupon, and it is close). But also because they have coconut cream pie, which I love.


It is the very first thing I get whenever we go, since one time I waited until the end of the meal and they ran out!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

I hear you about the drive thru! Drives me crazy!!! I have all my deposit slips at home so when I pull up I am ready!!!!
I am amazed that you have found time to read anything else besides the BoM...I have set all other books aside for the month!
The clothes Megan made are adorable!! I hate hot dogs unless they are the kind with cheese in them,...gross I know but what can I say! I love them!!!

bloodfamily said...

I love that you are so organized, that you read to your kids, and that you are consistant with your 12 x 12's every month. I try to start each month, but then it never happens. You are awesome!

bloodfamily said...

I love that you are so organized, that you read to your kids, and that you are consistant with your 12 x 12's every month. I try to start each month, but then it never happens. You are awesome!

chercard said...

I used to despise hot dogs too until I discovered Nathan's or Hebrew National all beef and now I can stomach them :)

Kellie DeMille said...

Megan is so talented, those little clothes are adorable! I am very impressed with your reading, yesterday someone asked me how far I am in the BofM challenge, does the title page count?