On the way in this morning, the kids met up with lots of their good friends.
Megan told us she was way too old to be walked into school, but Jackson didn't mind. I'm glad we walked them in because it was a bit crazy on the playground, and I worry Jackson would have been overwhelmed.
Sadie doesn't start school until next week, but she still needed a picture. At least I hope she starts school next week! She is signed up for Kiddie College, but the city is still considering closing it down. We will see.
But Sadie got to have her own fun on the first day. She had a play date with her good friend Connor.
Which meant I was all alone all morning. I spent the time looking for a pair of EXTREMELY LARGE (like a size 12 or 13) women's high heeled shoes for a Young Women/Young Men activity. It was an unsuccessful endeavor. If you happen to have some laying around, let me know. I will be indebted to you.
Both Megan and Jackson were smiling pretty big when I picked them up, and said they had a great day.
Jackson said he learned about how to be kind. He also had P.E. the first day which I am pretty sure was his favorite part. He told me that they didn't have any garbage cans yet, which he thought was weird. They are also still missing lunch tables, so they had to eat in their class rooms.
Megan said the favorite part of her day, by far, was Science class. But I think she loved all of her classes, because she couldn't stop talking about them. She also was very happy to see a lot of her friends she hasn't seen very much this summer.
It was a great day, and I am so thankful that we are able to go to this new school! The only downfall was the awful pick-up routine. My kids will definitely be walking off campus tomorrow.
3 comments:
Alexis said Mr Miles was her favorite class too. No trash cans? That's funny!!! The city may be closing silver Mesa? That's a bummer!!
The pick up has got to be better!!!!!!!
Did you know Miss Jackie is doing a 3 yr old class at her house?? If Silver Mesa closes you could find out if she has openings! But you would have to come visit me if she went there because I'm 4 doors down from her! :)
Funny story....I may know someone who could hook you up with that large of shoe :-) When do you need them by?
Post a Comment