The kids had been practicing casting with Grandpa Ken the day before so they would be adequately ready for the adventure.
Megan was a crazy, fisherwoman, fool! She caught something like 6 fish in 45 minutes.
Jackson and Sadie also managed to reel in one each.
Last year Sadie was none too keen on touching fish. But this year, she turned over a new gill, and had no reservations.
She was so happy and proud of herself.
We ended up catching our 8 fish limit in about an hour. The poor lady fishing about 20 feet from us, only caught one fish in 4 hours! I would have been quite angry with us if I was her.
Later that afternoon, we went and saw Cars 2. Jackson had been dying to see it all week. I found it boring, and fought off sleep throughout. After seeing the picture below in the movie theater, Sade remarked,
"That must be a Jesus movie."
After dinner, we went back over to Eric's Grandpa's house to see him one more time, and to say goodbye to Eric's parents who were leaving the next day.
4 comments:
We did lots of fishing too...not only does emma like touching fish, but also hooking the worm!
You didn't like Cars 2? I enjoyed it! Not as great as the first but besides Toy Story 2...the 2nd is never as good as the first!
I do not enjoy fishing. Everything about it smells gross and I think it is boring. I didn't really like cars 2 either. It could have something to do with be totally uncomfortable and pregnant though. I will have to watch it again not pregnant I guess.
Wow, I can't believe your kids did so well with fishing! The picture of Sadie with the fish is too cute!
Post a Comment