Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

While in Utah we attended a Ogden Raptors minor league baseball game with my Dad.


It was hot! But not Las Vegas hot, so we survived. Drinks and snow cones helped. We also got lots of free stuff, like these fans to cool us off.



It wasn't packed, so Sade and Jackson spent some time trying out lots of different seats.


And then the inevitable happened. We were sitting there, enjoying the game, when  Megan got hit smack dag in the face with a foul ball! And I am talking about a line-drive ball directly into her cheek. Luckily not her cheek bone, or I am sure it would have been broken. And I say it was inevitable, because if Megan is ANYWHERE near a ball, she will get hit with it. She inherited it from me.

The ball she was hit with:


Although there was quite a bit of crying (rightly so), Megs was a trooper and recovered fairly quickly. I took her out of the stands after it happened, but when we returned everyone sitting around us gave her a round of applause. And....she got to keep the ball.

The people sitting in front of us happened to see who the hitter of the dreaded ball was, and told us it was player #5. So after the game, Megan went down to the front of our section, and as he ran by, she yelled at him, and told him he his ball had hit her. He ended up signing it for her:


And then, he gave her his bat!


It was pretty cool. I think by the end of the night she may have even been happy that she was hit. I was just happy we didn't have to take a trip to the emergency room, since the kids were without insurance during the month of July! Close call.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

WOW!!!! That is scary!!! Poor girl! But so cool that she got the ball and a bat!

chercard said...

OUCH!!

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck that is so sad! Poor girl just minding her own business. I cannot be near tetherballs or pinata bats, they always find a way of giving me a bloody nose :)