First, the kids and I went to see the Smurfs! The Smurfs hold a very special place in my heart, as my ALL TIME FAVORITE CARTOON, so I was thrilled to go. I have been waiting an entire year to see it. And, I LOVED IT. So did the kids. La, La, La, La, La, La, Sing A Happy Song.
While waiting for the movie to start I did a little Book of Mormon reading to keep myself on track for the 30 day challenge. I am currently 7 days ahead! Woot-woot!
We also tie-dyed shirts, which was all sorts of fun. Megan, Sadie and I chose the bulls-eye pattern.
While Eric and Jackson chose the swirl.
It was a very eye-pleasing, albeit messy, colorful project.
I love all of them, but am especially happy for Jackson who was worried a tie-dyed shirt would be too girly. His came out all shades of green, which he determined was masculine enough to wear in public.
As I mentioned in my 12 X 12 we also went bowling at the Silver Nugget, which is equal parts interesting and scary. But most importantly, CHEAP!
Other Things To Note:
We all went swimming. Even Eric, who I don't think has been swimming with us at all this summer. Well, except for once when we were on vacation.
I managed to outfit the kids in school clothes, and purchase the ridiculously long list of school supplies. Now I am broke.
And, that's about it. All in all a pretty productive and fun week.
4 comments:
Was a 20 ft tall person taking those bowling pictures??? Its crazy!!!
Good for you for the cool tye dye shirts! Brave woman to do them inside!
I loved the Smurfs too but haven't gone yet! I better get to it!
Such a fun summer! The kids and I made tye dye shirts too, they loved it! They want to make more, but how many tye dye shirts do we need?
Love the tie dye. Can you believe how those school supplies add up. You are not the only one broke!!
Jackson's shirt was totally cool and masculine! What a fun activity :)
Post a Comment