Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Steaming

While visiting Utah we always make time to visit some hot springs.  Last year we visited Riverdale, but this year we decided to steam ourselves at Crystal Hot Springs. Hot springs can be slightly disgusting if you dwell on them, but I choose not to dwell, but rather enjoy.


Megan and Jackson spent lots of time going down the tube slide. I also went down quite a few times, but my legs gave out long before theirs did.

Sade's was a bit cantankerous for a while, but after lunch made a recovery and enjoyed herself.


And then, surprising everyone, especially me, I asked her if she wanted to me to throw her so she would go underwater. She responded with, "sure". What???? I have no idea what came over her. The throwing eventually evolved into her swimming (UNASSISTED) underwater between my mom and I. This is the girl who just the week before would not even participate in swimming lessons, and now she is a full-fledged underwater swimmer! Bizarre.

After arriving home, I quickly got ready to meet my dear friend Kate for dinner. After dinner we lived out some of our high school glory days and went for steamers.


While in high school, I consumed one of these white hot chocolate steamers at least 5 days a week. Seriously. Luckily my metabolism rocked back then.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Woohoo! Swimming lessons have paid off :) Way to go Sadie!!

annie said...

clever title; nothing like a good selfa-steamer at ibis...mmmm:) you and kate are adorable just like your kids.

chercard said...

way to go Sadie! My kids love those kinds of slides too...me not so much too claustrophobic!

Rachael said...

Your metabolism still rocks!!!! Great job Sadie!!! I rather not think about the bacteria in the hot springs too!!!