Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bear Lake - Day 1

We arrived in Bear Lake Sunday evening. Before having dinner we made a quick trip down to the lake.


Before leaving I told the kids we were not going to get in the lake. Obviously no one listened.
The lake is super high this year, and almost all of the beaches are covered in water, due to the extreme amount of rain Utah has had. It was strange to see trees halfway covered in water, that last year were on dry ground.


Sadie told her uncle Derek that if he would take her out to that tree, she would give him 5 bucks.


So he did. When he asked her where his five dollars was, she replied, "I must have forgotten my wallet."


Our family and Dustin's family.


Dustin, LeAnne, Derek and Eric

The kids ended up soaking wet, so we called Grandpa to come and take them all home in the back of his truck.


Sadie couldn't stop smiling at her luck!

See posts about days 2 and 3 below.......

3 comments:

chercard said...

that Sadie girl is hilarious...but man are you in trouble! :)

Rachael said...

That is crazy that the lake is so high! Great though! It is weird seeing the trees coming out of the water!
Sadie is hilarious!!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

That Sadie is a peach! Too Cute :) I didn't notice anything weird until you wrote about the tree, see how perceptive I am :)