Luckily their kids like to dance just as much as my kids, so we had nightly dance offs.
Ate tons of food. Seriously. When you have 7 kids in the house, there is at least one of them that is always hungry. We busted out the smores maker one night.
Of course there was plenty of time spent playing. Really, pretty much all the time was spent playing.
I spent a significant amount of my time watching these two playing Just Dance on the Wii. Oh my! It was beyond cute.
Did anyone get the facebook message about Flip-n-Out being free on the 4th of July? Because I did. Woot-Woot! I signed all 11 of us up, and we had a blast! I was a bit worried (due to my fear of large crowds), but was more than ecstatic when we arrived and were practically the only ones there. Woot-Woot-Again!
We barbecued:
And then finished off the evening with fireworks:
We lit off ground based fireworks:
And all of us admired our neighbors air-borne kind:
Well, all of us, except Jackson, who overheard that air-borne fireworks were illegal, which greatly concerned him and his cautious nature.
Next year I must devise a way to get family to come into town again. And also devise a way to get my kids to get more sleep when family is in town. Oh my goodness, Sadie was ornery!
3 comments:
I did see that Flip n Out was free but I figured EVERYONE would be there! Dang I should have taken the kids! Looks like lots of fun!
What a fun holiday! I had no clue about flip-n-out, so sad! We love that place. I love how worried Jackson was about the illegal fireworks, too funny :)
My kids were ornery as well! Dave was given Roman candles by his coworker and my kids kept asking him why he had illegal fireworks and why he was going to do them. They were worried all night that the cops were going to come arrest him!
Post a Comment