On Saturday, the night I had been waiting for all month arrived. I dusted off my cowboy boots and headed out to the PHIL VASSAR concert!
Now it is a secret to no one that I know well, that I LOVE PHIL VASSAR. Yes, even more than Bret Michaels. So you can imagine how hard it was for me not to rush the stage the entire night! Eric and I were reflecting back on the concerts we went to in our younger years, and how the entire floor in front of the concert was a giant mosh pit. And even the concerts where I wasn't on the floor, I never dreamed of sitting down! EVER. It was simply unheard of.
Apparently I now attend concerts with the eternally seated. There were very few people standing, and a large number of people that I don't think could stand for more than 30 seconds at a time. Case in point these people sitting in front of me:
There was a HUGE number of people there who were easily in their late 80's or early 90's. They didn't seem to know the songs, and many left early holding their ears, so I am guessing they were not big Phil Vassar fans. I'm wondering if they may have been given the tickets as some kind of promotion they won by playing slots. Either that, or Phil now caters to the elderly and I am entering that phase of my life.
So approximately 2 hours into the concert, Phil tells everyone goodnight and leaves the stage. Now, if you have ever been to even ONE concert, I am sure you are aware that this is all a ploy for everyone to clap, and scream until the encore starts. The concert is truly not over until the lights come on.
So Phil leaves the stage, and suddenly there is a max exodus of people leaving the concert hall! Even some people who were not octogenarians. It was shocking. But ended up being kind of great, because Eric and I were able to sneak into the front for the remainder of the show!
After the lights came on, I noticed Phil was autographing some peoples tickets. So I rushed the stage and got mine signed too!
I am only posting this unflattering picture of me so you can see my proximity to Phil!
My signed ticket.
I pretty much smiled for about 3 hours straight. I couldn't stop. I think even Eric had a great time.
4 comments:
I must familarize my self with this Phil Vasser. I have no idea who he is. Glad you had a good time.
I forgot this was the weekend you were going!!! Looks like fun...weird with the old people sitting in front of you!
How fun! I think maybe it was an affordable show so maybe that's why the elderly showed up?? I love Phil Vassar too!
I LOVE this picture of you two!!!
Post a Comment