Caveat: The picture quality is terrible. I didn't want to carry around my big camera, so a lot of my pictures turned out blurry.
We played lots of games:
Eric, Megan and Jackson all got wet at the dunk tank!
Jackson's friend Eli dunked Jackson.
And then Jackson dunked Eli.
Eric dunked Megan.
And finally Megan dunked Eric.
Of course we ate lots of food including hot dogs, tacos, pizza, snow cones, and ice cream bars.
I was working the face-painting booth, so we all (except for Eric) got our faces painted.
Try not to be jealous of my mad butterfly face painting skills.
Megan did my flower.
We headed to the car to put some of our stuff away before the fireworks.
And when we got there we discovered we had an awesome view of the fireworks, so we hung out on the roof and watched.
It was certainly hot, but just as certainly fun. As always, I am glad we were there.
5 comments:
We boycotted :) Can I be a good church member and admit that Pioneer Days is not my favorite activity in the scorching heat?? There I admitted it
What great pictures! We arrived at the park with the blanket, chairs, water, snacks, etc. and then forgot the camera! What a good idea to watch the fireworks on top of the car! I may try that one next year :)
It was total chaos in SLC with Pioneer Days. We were amazed at the amount of people camping out along the parade route for like 15 hours. Crazy! Looks like a fun time though. The dunk tank is a great idea. The one time I would want to be dunked to cool off.
I love Pioneer Days, I don't care how hot it is! Next year go get dunked and it will be better! I completely missed all the booths on the east side of the park! I wonder if Eli hit any of those. Watching the fireworks from the car is the way to do it!
Not my favorite here in Vegas either and I am the Activities Chair for our ward. (whoops) Wish I would have seen you guys there, I was stuck at booths the whole day!
Post a Comment