I don't understand how she is not sleep-deprived.
Eric packed up the car and we were on our way. Am I the only one who takes extra-bedding, and my own pillows on trips? I don't sleep well without my own pillows!
Unlike Megan I was exhausted, so I stopped and bought and energy drink. I have never bought one before, and when looking at them decided to buy the sugar free version because it only had 10 calories. HUGE MISTAKE! It was quite possibly the grossest drink ever, and I could only gag down 2 sips before giving up on it.
We had to make quite a few bathroom breaks, which meant quite a lot of hand washing. I can't even blame the bathroom breaks on the kids. I don't usually drink anything in the mornings, but when I do it causes me to have to use the bathroom about 15 times in a 2 hour period.
During our drive we passed the lavender fields, WHICH WERE SO COOL! I rolled down the window to get a picture, and the smell was incredible.
Here is how the kids looked much of the way. Mostly watching movie after movie.
We stopped in Orem to eat at The Spaghetti Factory!
Sade's modeled her new to her D.I. glasses during and after lunch.
Amazingly Megs took a quick nap for an hour or so.
Driving, driving, driving.
The trip actually went very well. Even Sadie seems to be out of the crying in the car phase, which makes me think we are entering a new era of life.
3 comments:
Always my own pillow! I can handle other covers, but need the pillow.
love my own pillow but forget it most of the time! love sadie's glasses...so funny!
Good for you! i am impressed! We always take our own pillow and depending on where we are going we take extra blankets...some people don't understand the necessity of softness! I am so glad your kids were well behaved!
Post a Comment