Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July-2010

This year our 4th of July festivities pretty much consisted of church, food, board games, and fireworks. It was nice and relaxing.


Before church Eric took some pics of the kids.


If you enlarge the picture above you will see by the look on Megan's face that she is not thrilled. When we asked her why she was in such a bad mood, she replied, "Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is for someone my age to take a picture like this!" I laughed and laughed. I would have probably been embarrassed also if my parents made me take a picture with my hand over my heart gazing at the flag when I was 10 years old.

When it got dark it was finally time for fireworks! This is the first year in quite a while that we have been in town for the 4th of July. I had forgotten how fun our neighborhood is on the holiday. Everyone had bought quite a few fireworks, so the festivities went on for hours!


Sade's loved the sparklers.


In true form Jackson was cautious.


Megan was fireworks fearless just like Sadie.


The worms were a huge hit with the kids.


By the end of the night my kids were exhausted. I had to force Jackson and Sadie (and myself) to stay for the finale. It was late and they all fell asleep quickly, but didn't sleep in this morning!

Hope you had a happy 4th of July!!!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

LOVE the picture of the kids and the flag...not only is Megans look priceless but so is little Sadie with her hand on her heart! So adorable. Megan is so funny with that comment!
It really is too bad the sun is up for so long on the 4th! It is such a late night...luckily my kids slept till 8ish...not me though! I still am having a hard time relaxing and sleeping well with Oliver out of my room! Pathetic!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

I am dying over how cute Sadie is in her little flag outfit and flag dress. Isn't it great to have these real life barbie dolls. I love finding new outfits to dress the kids in :) Poor Megan, she is older than her 10 years :)

Kalena and Justin said...

You have such cute kids!! Love the flag pics even if Megan wasnt thrilled. The 4th is so fun but Im with everyone else the sun is up for to long.lol

Cardalls said...

Emma had that exact dress a couple of years ago...i love it!