Monday, April 12, 2010

Sedona-Day 3

On our third day we took a couple of pictures before we checked out of the cabin.






Then we went to Slide Rock State Park. It features a long stretch of really slippery rock in the river that swimmers can slide down.




They consider this LOW swimming danger! It looks to me like anyone could be swept away at any moment. However, there are parts, that are much calmer.

After checking out the water temperature, we decided to wade for a while. We happened to be the only ones in the water, which makes us either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid.


The water was so BURNING COLD that the kids and I could only stay in for a few seconds at a time.





Eric demonstrated his extreme toughness and took the kids out to the middle of the river.


Jackson was determined to make it out onto this bridge.



But because of the icy water, after going a few feet each time, he would have to come back.


So Eric braved the water one more time, to help him. They also discovered how slippery it was out there, and came extremely close to falling in.





It was gorgeous, and I hope we can go back one day (preferably in July) so we can actually swim.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I have always wanted to go to Slide Rock but never made it there! I tell you...I have got to get out and DO more!

Rachel H. said...

Just FYI, Mark's dad was a forest ranger there for ages and did alot with developing the trails in Sedona. Mark grew up in Beaver Creek on a forest ranger station, maybe 20 minutes from Montezuma's castle. It's fun seeing your pictures and thinking of everything I know about those places!

Kerri said...

LOVED the pictures. We wondered where you were all off to on Friday. We have been to Sedona a couple times. It is so beautiful there. We have been to slide rock in the summer months and actually get in the water and it was still freezing. I don't think it ever warms up but just feels better when it's scorching hot outside.

Kalena and Justin said...

Oh you guys have to go back its so much fun. but I would say take cut off jeans you dont mind distroying. Your pictures make me miss that area so much Sodona is one of the prettiest place in the US.