Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fishing

Saturday we went fishing at Lake Mead. I don't have much to say about fishing other than I don't find it incredibly thrilling. However, I do find sitting by the lake in wonderful weather quite thrilling, so it was a successful outing for all of us.


Eric started out getting the kids poles ready, and soon discovered he would not be doing much fishing that day, but rather would be spending most of his time baiting their hooks and untangling their lines.


We convinced Sadie to pick up a worm, but as soon as it started moving, she immediately dropped it, and would not touch another one the rest of the day.

Jackson didn't have any worm touching reservations.

Megan pulled up a chair, stuck her fishing pole in the cup holder and remarked, "Now this is the type of fishing I like."

After a little while, we finally had a little excitement.

Eric caught this bass!


Sadie was intrigued at first.


But soon was grossed out.

But our excitement wasn't over for the day. Soon we had another tug on the pole.

But this time instead of a fish, we caught an old fishing pole! In my opinion, that is about as exciting as fishing gets.

FYI: Through this weekend you can get into all National Parks for free!!!

8 comments:

Melissa Summers said...

I do not get the excitement of fishing. I think it is so boring. I am sure not liking to eat fish has something to do with it. I agree with Sadie. :)

Kalena and Justin said...

That is so cute!! Im with you I dont get the point of fishing and I like eating fish so I dont think that is even it.lol. But I will be more then happy to sit in a little shade and watch.lol

Graham said...

I LOVE fishing, but I grew up in a small town where basically that was the only thing to do. Fly fishing is really fun and is pretty exciting.

Rachael said...

Another fun adventure for the McClellan family! I love it! Good for you. I like to sit by a lake or go float on a raft in a lake...fishing-not so much!

Cardalls said...

i do not love lake fishing either...but dave has taken my fly fishing on a river before and that is much more fun.

Sheree Flick Photography said...

I have moments where I want to go fishing since that's what we did every summer growing up. I refuse to eat the fish though! YUCK!!! My favorite part was always pulling those worms apart and stabbing those suckers on a hook! (Yes, I know, it's disturbing.)

bloodfamily said...

I think Sadie is hilarious! She just makes me laugh. I like to fish as long as I catch something. I'm not one to just sit on the sidelines. Glad to see that you are enjoying yet another family outing!

Autumn said...

I am with Megan, pull up the chair and get out the best book. My kind of fishing in between photos opts of everyone else. Looks like a lot of fun!!