Saturday, August 1, 2009

Overbuyer

I have a bit of a problem. I am an overbuyer. If I see something that might possibly fit, might possibly go with something I already have, might be good for the kids, or is on clearance, I feel like I need to buy it. What if I got home and discovered that I really needed that item, so went back to get it, and it was gone? I still have regret over a white skirt I left at Target a few months ago, that has now been wiped from their shelves. So all my goodies, that turn out to be duds end up in my closet. Here is what I am returning today.

5 shirts
2 skirts
6 pairs of shoes
3 backpacks
Lots of miscellaneous birthday party supplies
invitations
1 necklace
1 pair of earrings
2 bottles of paint
headphones
And finally, one Transformer that I bought Jackson for his birthday, but he was so overwhelmed with other gifts ,he has forgotten he even received it, so I am taking it back.

The heart of my problem lies in the fact that I am completely indecisive. I think that if I take it home I will have more time to determine if I really like it. But what really happens is that it sits in my closet until I realize that my returning deadline (90 days for Old Navy and Target) is up, and so I finally return them. It's a sickness.

After re-reading this post, it looks like I am a compulsive shopper. But I really am not. I am just a deal seeker. For example, all 6 shoes cost me less than $35.

"Are you an overbuyer?"



6 comments:

Vegasarnolds said...

I admit I have the same problem, especially when you find something that is 75% off! Like you, I have a few things I need to return back to Target! My obsession is so bad I think I have been to 6 different Targets this week looking for good deals on toys!

Brooke Low said...

you just made me feel so much better! I just shopped at Target yesterday and bought 250.00 worth of toys (75% off, how could you pass them up. It is like another person takes me over. I was there for over 2 hours debating if it was worth it. You never know when I am going to need a Bratz doll or baby alive!

Jossie said...

Brooke's comment made me laugh! She doesn't even have girls and she bought girl toys :-) I am an overbuyer when it comes to kid clothes. I LOVE buying clothes for Tyler and the new baby. Oh, and I almost only get them when they're on sale. I'm not too bad with other things though...but I, like you, will buy something so that I can take it home and decide if I like it. But normally I spend too much time in the store trying to decide and then end up putting it back and never miss it :-)

Rachael said...

My problem is that I don't keep receipts so then I am kind of stuck when it comes to returning. I am not too much of an over buyer for things I don't use...I think. Brooke cracked me up too that she bought girl stuff.
Actually now that I think of it I am an over buyer for kids clothes like Jossie-I love buying baby/kids stuff! So did you get it all returned???

Kellie DeMille said...

I'm glad there are others out there suffering from shopping woes too. Mine is I REFUSE to try clothes on at the store. I know my size(even though it makes me cry), I will buy the clotes take them home and then I hate them and have to return them. I am so glad the stores haven't started tracking how many times I return things, it would be ugly!

Kerri said...

I don't know if I over buy or just over shop trying to find the best deals possible. I also have the problem of tossing the receipt then I have to keep the stuff. Target especially has gotten very strict on their return policies. I have been banned more than once for returning items.