Our first day we were supposed to leave early in the morning, in time to get to Salt Lake to go to a waterpark. I have been wanting to go to the waterpark for years, and was so excited to go! Instead my Sadie woke up with a high fever, and was miserable. So our morning started with a trip to the Dr.'s, followed by a trip to the pharmacy. We finally left, only to have a ride full of this:
The next day we headed to Hogle Zoo with my Dad. Sadie still wasn't feeling well, and right as we arrived she experienced the biggest fit of her life. She was irrational to the extreme, and could not be consoled. You realize that most of the people at Hogle Zoo have children, and are used to fit throwing, but this was embarrassing nonetheless. It took her a good 20 minutes of SCREAMING before she calmed down. But she finally did, and we headed into the zoo.
Before leaving town we stopped briefly at This Is The Place park right by Hogle Zoo.
We also made a quick stop at the place where Eric and I were married.
It is called the Little White Church, and is directly across from the Capitol Building. After leaving Salt Lake we headed to Ogden so I could have dinner with two of my very best friends from high school. I would like to thank facebook for making this possible.
This was one of the highlights of my trip. They both had their cute baby's with them, while I just relaxed and watched someone else take care of kids for a change. It's so fun being with people who knew you when you were younger. Seriously I feel like we are all the same, hopefully just a bit smarter and a bit more mature (but just a bit).
The next day Sadie woke up feeling much better. Hallelujah!! While all the boys in Eric's family went golfing in the rain, we girls and kids hung out at the hotel. We then went over to the park for his family reunion. The kids played, and played at the park, until it was time to go to lunch at the Golden Corral (Eric's grandpa's favorite restaurant that he insists on taking the entire family to during every reunion. Did I mention there are close to 100 of us). After the Golden Corral we were supposed to head back to the park, but due to inclement weather, Eric's immediate family decided to head over to the fun park.



We played carnival games, ran around a giant padded funhouse, played Laser Tag, bowled, and roller skated. My kids had a blast playing with all of their cousins and Aunt's and Uncles. After the fun house we headed over to a church to play more games.
The next morning we took some pictures and all had a big lunch.



All of Eric's family was able to be there for this reunion. We then headed over for a quick visit with my mom and Ken.

The kids got a lot more playground time, and Wii time. I think Jackson was going through slight MarioKart withdrawals. After visiting my mom, we drove to Bear Lake to stay a couple of nights with Eric's immediate family. Eric's brother Derek works and lives in Bear Lake, and he was able to totally hook us up. We stayed in a huge house, that had room and beds for every single one of us (about 25-30, I am too lazy to add it up right now). And this house was not your normal house. It was decked out with plasma screens in every room, high quality fixtures, high quality beds, major sound system, and about every other nice thing you can think of. The first night we just all hung out and played games. The next morning the guys went golfing (again). Then we all headed over to the lake.








Eric's brother hooked us up once again with entrance onto a private beach, along with plenty of boating and Jet-Ski time.

We left the next morning to come home. The ride involved some screaming, but not as much as the ride up. It also entailed seeing 3 wildfires. 2 of which we could see flames, and one that we could have gotten out of the car, walked 10 feet and touched it. It was right off the freeway in Cedar City.
The next day Sadie woke up feeling much better. Hallelujah!! While all the boys in Eric's family went golfing in the rain, we girls and kids hung out at the hotel. We then went over to the park for his family reunion. The kids played, and played at the park, until it was time to go to lunch at the Golden Corral (Eric's grandpa's favorite restaurant that he insists on taking the entire family to during every reunion. Did I mention there are close to 100 of us). After the Golden Corral we were supposed to head back to the park, but due to inclement weather, Eric's immediate family decided to head over to the fun park.
The next morning we took some pictures and all had a big lunch.
8 comments:
The picture of Sadie screaming in the car makes me feel really sorry for you! I am glad she got better fast! I am bummed you didn't get to go to the water park!
20 minute Tantrum? I can't even imagine! There is nothing worse than the feeling that you have lost your child! I love going to lunch with people who have kids with them...It makes me secretly happy to sit there and enjoy my food!
I can't wait to see your new shirts from the reunion! I think it is the cutest idea to have reunion shirts!
We went to Bear Lake back when we didn't have kids-so fun! I am very jealous b/c you know I love the lake and boating. How did you survive? Sweet that you got so hooked up from Eric's brother!
You looked very tan today! Fun vacation!
I love the reunion shirts! Did you stay at Harbor Village? I love bear lake. This is probably my first summer I haven't gone. I really do feel bad that you missed the waterpark. Seems like kids always get sick at the worst times.
We are going on a major trip in a few weeks and I am so scared of losing someone. I think I'm going to have to bring mug shots of everyone with me. That must have been awful to lose Jackson. I'm sure that was the longest 15 miutes of the trip! What a fun trip though. What is your rating of it as a whole? The beach and boating look awesome!
Sarah you were missed while you were gone. I love the photo of your daughter in the turtle shell. Cute idea. You sure packed in a bunch of stuff on your vacation. Now you will need a vacation from your vacation! Love the reunion shirts, too.
Looks so fun..I LOVE Bear Lake but haven't been there in years! So glad you found Jackson okay...how scary!!
Woo hoo! I'm in your blog! Seriously, dinner with you and Kate was such a joy for me. I love that we go sooo far back. Who else can I talk to about Dori Kidd? Nobody, that's who. I'm so glad we're all still friends. Bless facebook! Hope we can do it again before too long.
Yay! I second everything Marie said except for Dori Kidd. I was fun to see you and I can't wait to do it again.
I love the White Chapel! My ex and I were actually married there. The inside needs work but it was so beautiful outside, I just didn't care.
Post a Comment