#1 I have been in the process of redoing my fireplace for sometime. I purchased the wood, stained it, and was just waiting on Eric to cut the pieces for me. Finally last Saturday I pinned him down and cut them. I was pretty excited because I had a vision in my mind of just how perfect it was going to look. Well, let's just say my disappointment was great. It was truly hideous.
Unsalvagably hideous! Too hideous to even take the time out to take a picture. The wood is now banished to the garage. What is even more disappointing is that I spent money on a project that is now defunct.

#2 My house is in near constant flux. Although each room has been completed for some time, there is usually some small part or another that I am thinking of changing (hence the fireplace). Well I have been slightly unhappy with the area just to the side of my fireplace. Mainly I have been wanting to change out a certain hanging picture. I have been trying different ones out, but just could not find the right one. I am including the picture below just so you can see the area I am talking about. If I had
Photoshop installed, I would make an arrow pointing to it.

Well I finally found a picture of a cactus that I fell in love with. I brought it home, hung it up, left it there for a few minutes to fully decide if I loved it or not, and then heard it crash down to the floor. Not only was the cactus picture harmed, but my most favorite pitcher (the yellow one above) was shattered. I am still not over this disappointment. All week I have been scouring stores for something to take its place, but I am afraid I may never find it. So right now there is just a big gaping hole next to the fireplace, and also in my heart.
Incidentally the cactus picture found a new home in my hallway. It had been hanging there happily for a few days until last night at 1 am when it crashed to the floor. It nearly scared me to death. Here is the state it is in today. Do you think it is unhappy in my house?

#3 My Miss Sadie has decided to poop
everytime I put her in the bath. I do not do well with bodily functions so this is crushingly disappointing to me. I have gagged
everytime and once it has caused me to actually throw-up. I am considering making her wear a diaper in the bath or at the very least putting Eric in charge of
bathtime.

#4 I am also disappointed by my new Target brand dryer sheets. I have never bought them before and I have to say I never will again. My clothes have not been coming out soft and they have been full of static.

#5 Eric was out of town yesterday and I was disappointed that he ended up getting home late, partly due to this accident on the freeway. Can you believe these pictures?


#6 And lastly, I am disappointed and sad that my little Meg is sick once again. This time with a fever. This morning it was 104 degrees and she is just miserable. Doesn't she look like she feels terrible?
UPDATE: Megan's fever ended up being 105 degrees so Eric took her into Urgent Care. Of course they told him it is just a virus and there is nothing we can do. I so enjoy spending hundreds of dollars when it turns out I didn't even have to!
7 comments:
I am impressed that you have done so many home improvement projects and decorating.
I am sorry about the cactus picture. I think it has anger issues.
I hope your daughter gets better soon!
1-Really? You could take 1 picture of it?
2-I think you need to give up on the Cactus picture..I for one am not a fan of Cacti! Are you wanting your bookshelf back now? Tough! I am sooo sorry about your pitcher!
3-Little Swimmers Diapers? I don't think I have ever had my kids do this...I did it once though when I was pushing Eli out! NICE!!!
4-I am about DONE with generic brands!
5-YIKES! That is really scary!
6-104 degrees...is she OK? That is really really high!
What is funny is I talk to you EVERYDAY and I didn't know about any of these issues! You're sneaky!!
Poor Megan! And sorry about the cactus picture and pitcher! Pooping in the bathtub grosses me out as well...hopefully it's a short lived phase!
Pictures, pitchers and poop Oh My! Sorry! I think that the cactus picture doesn't want to live at your house. I think you should use it for shooting practice. I have ao been having a couple of weeks from you know what....maybe it's in the air. If there is anything that I can do to cheer you up, know that I am only a street away. I will keep my eye out for another pitcher, but not another picture...as for the poop, well my kids did that too. Totally normal. You are so lucky that your hubby will take this sacred duty over for you! Better just poop than to have to clean up puke, too!
I hear you on the pooping in the tub. I was always annoyed I had to clean the poop out and the tub and drain all the water just to start all over again. Brandon did it for weeks at a time everytime he got in the warm bath. Poor Emma was in the tub with him one time. Needless to say she doesn't bath with him anymore.
I think your picture may be haunted. Or maybe the previous picture was just upset you moved it and is now retaliating.
I still remember the first time Tessa pooped in the tub, I was at my mom's house and made her scoop it out for me. I couldn't do it. It hardly phased my mom.
That crash is unbelievable. Where was this?
Hope Megan feels better. She looks miserable. Poor girl.
Hope the next week brings you more satisfaction and less disappointment!
When I read the poop part I totally laughed out loud (Abby has only peed in the tub so far) but then I read that it makes you gag/throw up! so I am sorry. This is a phase I'm not looking forward to.
Post a Comment