Friday, March 13, 2009

12 X 12 - March

Megan and Jackson work up early, and turned on the cartoons, as per usual. I was still in bed when I heard Sadie wake up. Wonderfully I have a daughter who is 8 that went and picked her up and gave her some milk. After she was finished with her bottle, Sadie wandered into my room, crying. She cried and cried until I finally asked her if her tummy hurt. She says Ah (which means yes) and stopped crying. However, she didn't stop for long and soon she was whimpering and fussing almost continually. Finally she laid on the floor and immediately fell asleep. She has never done that before, so I knew she must have felt terrible.

Here she is on the floor.

She then threw-up (a-lot), fussed a bit more, and then fell asleep again! I had to wake her up to take Megan to school, and ever since then she has been fine. Apparently instead of the 24 hour flu, she had the 1 hour flu. I can't complain.

Before school Megan was getting her water bottle ready, and when I saw her doing this, my heart broke just a little (in the best possible way). For some reason seeing her cleaning up some water she spilled, made me realize what a responsible and great girl she is. I love her to pieces.

As I said, Sadie made a full recovery, so since I was out of Dr. Pepper, Jackson, Sadie, and I went to get a fountain drink.

Sadie now walks from the car to the front door which I adore. However, she is quite and independent thinker, doesn't particularly like to hold someones hand, and is prone to take off for the street, so I do have to keep a close eye on her.

Does anyone else out there hate making themselves lunch? I never know what to have. So today I was super excited that I had leftover chicken salad and croissants from Costco.

After lunch, and after I put Sadie down for her nap, instead of cleaning, I watched T.V.

However, soon I got to thinking that if I didn't start cleaning I would never get everything done before Sadie woke up, so I resumed my usual afternoon cleaning duties.

After school the kids and I headed over to Costco. I had been there the day before and noticed just as I was checking out that Sadie was only wearing one shoe. I searched the store, but to no avail. I went back today to see if anyone turned it in, but unfortunately no one had. This is the kids and I looking sad because we didn't find her shoe. From the picture you can tell that Sadie does not seem that upset about it.

We also went to Target to get some things, and also to let Jackson use some coupons he has been saving for free HotWheels cars. The coupons came on the back of Apple Jacks and Froot Loops boxes, and since those are the 2 cereals of choice at my house, he has been getting quite a few free cars from Target.

Here is another picture of Sadie walking to the car from Target. Look at that stride! She looks like a grown up kid walker in this picture. Not toddling around at all. My heart is breaking once again.

You may be wondering why Eric has yet to make an appearance in this post. Well it is because he has literally been working all night and most of the day trying to complete a project. So the little time he has been home he has been sleeping. Here he is saying goodbye on his way out the door tonight. Here is to all those hard-working husbands out there!

8 comments:

Jossie said...

I also totally hate making lunch. And, I am incredibly jealous of your huge fountain drink. I have to stay down to one diet coke a day because of the pregnancy :-) Which, literally means only like 12 ounces. Sigh :-(

bloodfamily said...

I tried to do the 12 x 12 project once again, and I started off ok, but then I fizzled out. This is going to be quite a challenge for me. You always do a great job with yours. Perhaps I will give it a shot again next month. I too feel guilty if I do something other than the "needs of the house". Good for you for watching a "wee" bit of TV. You are awesome...(makes me feel normal).

Kerri said...

I love your 12 x 12 days. It's fun to see the "day in the life" of someone else. Someday I will have to do it for me. It will be fun for you to look back and see what your typical days were like. I can't believe the kids are getting so big and independent!

Cardalls said...

I hate it when we lose 1 shoe...i think i have 5 pair of shoes for garrett that we have lost 1...grr!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

I love this post. It is fun seeing what you do on a normal day. I am sorry to hear that Sadie threw up. I hate it when my kids get sick. The younger they are, the worse it is, because they don't understand why they feel so bad.

Kalena and Justin said...

I love seeing your 12x12. I did try to get a shot of me in mine this month but dont know how to work the timer on it. I do find it funny that we were both advertizing for Dr Pepper this month though. And yes I hate making lunch :) Oh and you need to tell little Sadie she is growing up to fast and she needs to stop it.

Kalena and Justin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachael said...

I am sad that we couldn't do lunch yesterday although...as I told you I got to experience a bit of throwing up as it was!
I love when you catch your kids doing something responsible and you think that maybe you have done something right!
Poor Eric...he can always take Steve up on his offer...have busy summers and relaxed winters and have a cool boss!
Love the picture of all of you being sad BUT Sadie! Too fun! It is weird that the shoe didn't get turned in...who wants 1 silver shoe. Maybe someone who has a child with 1 leg! Oh that was bad!!!!