Some voting highlights:
- I got to take all of my kids with me. It is so cool to me that they get to come and see the process. However, I may not have found this so cool if I would have had to wait in a long line. But I didn't, I walked right in.
- The election workers were so friendly and helpful, especially to my kids.
- A nice old woman walked in through the handicapped entrance and when she saw me trying to take a picture of my kids she offered to take one for us. I love this picture, even though it is out of focus, because the lady could barely walk, her hands shook as she was taking it, but she still found time to offer service to me. Not to mention she came to the polls to vote even though it was probably difficult for her.
- As I was leaving to go vote, I was met at the door by two ladies that were there to make sure I had a way to get to the polls. I loved being able to tell them that I was on my way right then, and especially loved the excitement in their eyes and the high five I was able to share with them. I don't mind the visits to the door, or the phone calls, regardless of party. I truly respect those willing to donate their time for a cause they believe in. I have also found that everyone I have talked to at the door or on the phone, has been very respectful when I told them my choice (unfortunately I can't say the same for some people I actually know in real life).
- As we were leaving, two young men were handing out the voting stickers. They were so fun and friendly and insisted that we all take one.
- I loved the way I felt after I had cast my vote. I had a realization that it doesn't matter what negative things I have heard, I know my truth.
8 comments:
I totally agree! I was very excited to vote today! And, I got free lunch because I did so! Yea! I am excited and nervous to hear who won :-) Oh, and I'm DYING to hear who you voted for. You're a tease :-)
Wow Sarah you are so patriotic!
i love to vote too...and i am so glad so many voted yesterday! although my vote didn't seem to matter....it is amazing that we have that right!
I love taking my kids to vote and the comments and questions I get for the rest of the day from my 4 year old.
I totally admire people that will volunteer their time, no matter the party affiliation.
Wearing my sticker for the day made me feel united, no matter who we voted for!
I felt the same way about the "I had a dream" sppech. I was getting a lump in throat thinking about just how far this country has come since there was slavery. I think it has taken too long actually. I am glad someone else felt that way too.
Oh Sarah...I just LOVE you!
I cry everytime I hear that speech. Especially about the kids holding hands. Kids are naturally so loving to everyone and they do not judge unless taught to do so. I am glad we live in the world we do today!! And I am excited for the future. You are so brave to take all your kids to the polls. What a good example. We just do the mail in. But your choice looks like such a better experience!!
I agree with you with the election being over and the emotions that it brought to a lot of people. I feel at peace with the new president of the united states and respect him.
I just realized it is kind of surreal to see you with three kids :0) Is it weird to see me with three kids? I guess I had three kids before I moved though.
Post a Comment