1. Oh my, the weather. What else can I say. I just can't get over it. As we were heading out to church I noticed that we all looked like it was a spring or summer day. We were dressed in markedly summer ware, all short sleeved, with summer footwear to boot (not intended as a pun). You would never guess tomorrow was December first.

2. The kids had plenty of time this weekend to get the bikes out. I tried to convince Jackson to take off the training wheels, but he wouldn't have it.





I love to bike ride. Given the blurriness of the picture, you can imagine how fast I was going.:)
3. We got all of our Christmas decorating done. Since Thanksgiving seemed so late this year, I was having a hard time waiting. I have been wanting to put everything up for the last few weeks, but made myself wait until Thanksgiving day.

I have to admit that I am a bit of the Grinch in my family. Every year I tell Eric I really think we should skip putting lights on the house, but every year he disagrees and puts them up. And every year I am happy he didn't listen to me. He is just so much more festive than I am!

4. Speaking of Christmas decorations, Sadie paid absolutely no attention to the tree or the decorations for the last 3 days, but tonight she discovered the fun she could have with ornaments. I knew it wouldn't last.

5. And speaking of Sadie, she has finally started to use sign language to communicate! We taught Megan, and she used it all of the time, but I wondered if it impeded her speaking. We didn't teach Jackson and he talked really early, so I was unsure if I would teach Sadie or not. But as you can see, we did, and really it is much fun to see her communicate so well with us. Right now she uses, want, more, bath, drink, all done, up and out. She can also blow us kisses in her own way, shakes her head yes and no, and waves constantly.

Want

Bath

Out or Up: She uses them
interchangeably.
The signs are not exact, but they are her interpretations of them.
6. Lastly, we had a great Thanksgiving. Two of Eric's brothers came to visit, and as always we all had a lot of fun with them. They all went golfing, and on Thanksgiving morning Eric and Derek played in the "Turkey Bowl." One of them was on the winning team, but I won't tell who.

6 comments:
Looks like fun! I feel like a Grinch on holidays too and I am trying to change that! My kids shouldn't have to suffer for my grinchness!
Sadie is adorable! I love the signing too but worry about the speaking consequences!
Love the Christmas decorations and the lights,too.
Oh fun. We wish we could have spent T-day with some family. Maybe next year? You guys are always welcome in Omaha:)
That is so neat that Sadie is signing! At least she can communicate somehow :-) I can't wait to get home and get my tree up! It's brand new (bought it on sale after Christmas last year) so that is super exciting!
The speech therapist in me can't help but comment. There is no evidence that signing impedes verbal development, if anything the research shows that it fosters it. So since I am presuming that you still talk to Sadie when you sign, have no worries, you can sign to your hearts content!
Your house looks beautiful. I love that floor!!
Post a Comment