It seems like I haven't been doing much lately, even though it feels like I have been constantly busy. Do you have these weeks? I guess I should say, I have been doing a lot, just nothing blogworthy. Anyway, I haven't taken any pictures because my camera has been out of commission this week, so here is a post free of pictures (which I know is annoying to at least one of you: I won't name names).
1) I went to a birthday brunch on Tuesday and discovered that Jackson is even more shy than I realized. He has always been quiet around new people, but he wouldn't even play with the kids that were there. He stuck right to my side. I don't really mind this, I am just getting slightly worried that he might have a hard time in kindergarten next year. Pre-school has been fine, because he already knows so many kids, but being in a new environment may throw him off. I guess we will see.
2) I have finally finished reading, "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle". It took me forever. I think I am a pretty fast reader, but my gosh, I thought I would never finish this book. It was quite long, but more than that, I have to say I found it quite boring, which added to my slowness. It is the newest Oprah's BookClub selection. I generally read most of the books she recommends, but there have been quite a few that I have not liked, and one in particular that made my list for my most hated book ever (The House of Sand and Fog). I may have to rethink reading her recommendations.
3) I don't know how I am going to handle having multiple kids in school. Luckily this is a few years off for me, but thinking about how much time I spend with Megan on schoolwork and school projects, how will I have time to do this times three? And as they get older, the schoolwork and projects will just keep getting more time consuming. This is going to be a quandary for me.
4) Jackson has started leaving the toilet seat up. He has been potty trained for over 2 years and has never left it up before, but suddenly is. Whenever I walk into the bathroom and it is up I call him back in to put it down. You would think that me making him do this multiple times a day, would change his behavior, but it hasn't. Every time he just says, "Oops, Sorry Mom."
5) I have been trying to cook more. I am happy to report that last week I made dinner 5 times. This is a new record for me. This week I have not been as successful, but I like to think I am making baby steps.
Have a great weekend!
Come Follow Me “correction” As Harmful As Before
6 years ago
6 comments:
The homework thing is so time consuming. Hopefully by the time you have Sadie in school Megan can do it all herself. We don't have to help Alexis except for the projects.
Good for you making dinners! I get so proud of myself when I have made dinner for a week without eating out!
Great job on the meals...I dont' think I cook 5 meals in a week very often.
Life is busy with multiple kids in school but you'll be able to do it because Rachael is right Megan will be able to do most on her own.
Toilet seat up...ahhh good luck with that I have to deal with it 3 times over I have no solution!
At my house, the toilet seat is either up, or peed on. LOL
But seriously, Brenden has finally gotten the concept that the toilet seat must stay down! He even wipes the seat if there is any spatter.
Zack hasn't realized he needs to put the seat up yet. (not fun for me)
I am the exact same way with dinners. Five would be a record week for me too. Last week I made four. This week....ummm...one.
Five dinners! That would definently be a record for me. I am lucky to get one in a week. Matthew is also very shy. I was always shy as a child so I should have figured my children would be
Ooops. I accidently erased my last blog. I haven't seen the movie. In the book she really bugged me!
Post a Comment