Citius, Altius, Fortius
(Faster, Higher, Stronger)
Stronger
To me strength is internal. I don't have big muscles or the endurance to do much physically, but I do have the endurance and strength to succeed in any path I choose to take (even if that path is to gain big muscles) . Growing up, it truly never occurred to me that I would have limitations based on my sex. Women that grew up just the generation before me did not always have that luxury. My goodness we couldn't even vote until 1920 and I have a grandma that was born before that. I am strong-willed (and maybe a little stubborn), but I always know that if I have a challenge I am strong enough to overcome it (or at least deal with it).
Me and Rosie (actually in my research last night I found out this picture is not the original Rosie the Riveter). Nevertheless, to me she represents strong women everywhere. We are capable, willing to help and can get the job done. We are pretty cool.
(Faster, Higher, Stronger)
Stronger
To me strength is internal. I don't have big muscles or the endurance to do much physically, but I do have the endurance and strength to succeed in any path I choose to take (even if that path is to gain big muscles) . Growing up, it truly never occurred to me that I would have limitations based on my sex. Women that grew up just the generation before me did not always have that luxury. My goodness we couldn't even vote until 1920 and I have a grandma that was born before that. I am strong-willed (and maybe a little stubborn), but I always know that if I have a challenge I am strong enough to overcome it (or at least deal with it).I am a girl, therefore I am strong.
(and yes I am wearing tissue paper on my head)
(and yes I am wearing tissue paper on my head)

16 comments:
Did not know that was not the original. Love the picture!
Oh my stinkin heck that's cute! I wouldn't have known it was tissue paper if you hadn't said so.
Cute SPT for sure.
my grandma got a job at a munitions factory during the war because she wanted to be like rosie! she inspired a lot of women to do great things.
Sarah I can't say it enough...you crack me up girl! Hilarious!
That is a great hair-do for you!
Awesome! It takes a strong woman to wear tissue paper :) Cute photo...
You ROCK! You are so stinkin' creative....I'm really missing that on the enrichment committee, by the way :-) I just miss you!
OK Sarah, you have me ROLLING here! What a great picture and AMEN SISTA! We most definitely ARE the stronger sex...these MALES would be floundering without us for sure!!!!
I have always liked that picture, but I didn't know her name was "Rosie."
And you do look like you can handle anything, even with tissue paper in your hair. :)
Very, very cute picture! You look just like Rosie! You go girl!
that is not Rosie!!! OH MY GOSH!! and next your going to tell me that your not really Sarah!!!!!!
I love your post!!
I would never have realized that it was tissue paper on your head if you hadn't told me!
I have two great-grandmothers who were born before women could vote. That's just CRAZY to me!
I actually read somewhere that the Salem Witch trials had more to do with women being opinionated and strong, and that the men said they were witches in order to get rid of them because they were powerful women! They would have killed me for sure! LOL
Great SPT...
Love it! So creative and cute!
Oh Gee! You take the cake with this one Sarah. What a great, creative, wonderful, fun, incredible SPT! Way to go!
Holy Hannah, you are so stinking funny! I can't stop laughing because of all the details (the yellow wall, blue shirt, red with polka dot scarf/tissue, and the dark hair coming out)! You're just awesome!
this is such a cute pic, I LOVE it!
so cute and creative! you look so classic!!!
Post a Comment