Tuesday, August 12, 2008

SPT

The SPT theme for the month of August is based on the Olympic Motto:
Citius, Altius, Fortius
(Faster, Higher, Stronger)
These words encourage the athlete to give his or her best during the competition, and to view this effort as a victory in itself. Each Tuesday this month we will do the same challenge. Each week think about the Olympic motto, and how it can apply to our every day lives. Are we giving our best? Can we find victories in the efforts we make every day?

This past weekend we were in Washington and took a day trip to go and see Mount St. Helens. So for this picture I am focusing on Higher.

I trekked higher up the trail.....

To get a better view of Mount St. Helens

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. Mt St. Helens. I love that place. Our middle school always took a field trip up there. (Battle Ground, Wa.)

Way to go!

Courtney said...

What a great view and way to trek it up that mountain to get that view!

Lene said...

How cool. I lived in Spokane when Mt St Helens erupted and got to miss a week of school.

tiki_lady said...

LOVE IT!!! I think I will have to trek up that same mountain!

Shelly said...

beautiful! what a gold medal trek!

Rachael said...

How neat that you guys went and did this! I would love to go there. I bet it was cold huh?

Chris said...

Beautiful view! Being on the east coast we don't have much by way of mountains. Very fun trek!

Michelle Alley said...

What a great view! It brings back so many memories for me as I grew up close to it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane - still cute hair and great SPT!

The Monkeys said...

Looks great! And think how your heart is thanking you! It's now beating stronger! ha ha!

Janiece said...

How pretty!
I have seen Mt. St. Helens by plane and car, but never up close. I am sure it is amazing!

MaryRC said...

Your whole trip looks like a blast, and wow what a veiw! Talk about higher!!

Amanda said...

that is amazing. i remember when it erupted...i grew up in the west but live in the east now and I miss those mountains!

Unknown said...

awesome photos! it's been sooooo long since i trekked up anything higher than a sand dune :)