Friday, April 4, 2008

Flashback Friday-Prom Edition

This was Junior Prom 1993. I was a Sophomore, but was asked by a Junior (hence my attendance at this dance). I was not really excited to go. I did not like this boy at all, but my mom and friends said it would be mean to say no. So I went. I loved my dress and my hair. My friend Sherene came over and curled it for me with a tiny curling iron. I still have the curling iron. I remember it was really awkward and when he dropped me off at home I jumped out of the car and walked quickly up to the doorstep, not giving him a chance to walk me to the door. He was a nice guy, but I guess I was just not into him. FYI the theme of this dance was "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You."
This was Homecoming. I was dating two people at this time and had to decide who I wanted to be my boyfriend. This is how I made my decision. Eric and Richie were the names of the boys I was dating. On a Friday I was scheduled to go to Lagoon (an amusement park) with Richie, but I got really sick with the stomach flu. Instead of him being nice to me, he asked me if I could take some medicine and come anyway. He seemed pretty upset I could not go. The next day I was scheduled to go to a Steve Miller Band concert with this boy Eric. I called him and let him know I was sick and might not be able to go. Instead of him getting upset, he brought me flowers. So I chose him, and we went to homecoming. FYI the theme of this dance was "A Time To Remember."
This dance was a Valentine's Dance I went to with a boy named Danny. Obviously it was not very exciting because I can't remember much about this dance. All I remember is that I had a giant fake red flower in my hair that I ended up taking out before this picture was taken. I must have come to my senses. FYI the theme of this dance was, "There's A Moon Out Tonight." Notice the giant moon attached to my head. After this picture was taken I started dating older "men." So I did not go to any more dances because they had already graduated from high school. I am sure they would have taken me if I wanted to go, but I really didn't at the time.
I also had to post a couple of pictures of Eric. He had a lot more to choose from than I did. He went to high school in the late 80's and apparently white tuxes were all the rage. He did not start wearing a black one until dances at Ricks College. Eric, I would like to point out that you are wearing a pink shirt in this picture. How sweet of you to match your dates dress.
Don't you just love this chair. Very 80's.

7 comments:

Cardalls said...

How is it that you haven't aged at all? You look just the same, only i've never seen you with tight curly hair! These are fun--I love Eric's pictures, they are so from my era!

Nancy said...

You look so good in those pictures. It isn't fair!! It took me a minute to realize that I was suppose to be looking for Eric and not you. She didn't look like you at all and I was so confused! Too cute!

Rachael said...

I LOVE THESE! You really do look the same Sarah. You have aged soooo well! I am bummed I can't click on some of these to make them bigger...they are great though.
I love the two of Eric. How funny is the garter around his arm in the first picture! Hilarious...
I love Flashback Friday!

rachel said...

These pictures are so cute! I love that you had to chose between two guys you were dating at the same time!
You really do look the same.

Jossie said...

Seriously, you do look EXACTLY the same. I am laughing like crazy at Eric's hair in the last picture! Is that a mullet? Flashback Friday seriously is the coolest :-)

Melody said...

I love them all! You're like Rachael and look great in all of them. I especially like the pic were you have on the black velvet dress with the white lace. I so had one of those dresses! And I am lovin the pics of Eric! The fake seagull and beach background are the best! Is that a septor he's holding the 2nd pic, as in prom King? Too cool.

Sarah said...

Yes, apparently Eric was very popular and was Prom King. He would have been way too cool for me back then :)