Whenever we are in Logan we of course always go and visit my 94 year old Grandma Wood who lives just over the Idaho/Utah border in Clifton, ID. She can't hear a word we say, but strangely she can hear every single thing my mom says! It's crazy.
She pushes, and I mean PUSHES soda and junk food on us whenever we visit. Now my kids are no strangers to soda and junk food, but it's a whole different ballpark at her house. If you look closely at this picture you will notice that Jackson has a Mountain Dew in his hand. He has never had a Mountain Dew but I decided to let it slide and allow it since we were on vacation.
Well he drank the entire thing and the proceeded to be unable to sit a bit still for the next 4 hours. He did laps around the house, ran back and forth to the town park a few times, and just generally drove me crazy. I have never experienced anything like it!
The Twinkies and Oreo's (as you will notice in the next couple of pics) didn't help matters:
Notice the $5 bill Jackson is clasping. She always makes sure to give my kids a little somethin' somethin'.
Me, my grandma, my mom, Jackson, Megan, Sadie:
There is a really mean goat that lives next door. When it started charging us Jackson and Sade ran faster than I have ever seen them run (I'm sure they were aided by the soda intake):
Luckily it was tied to a chain and didn't get far:
It's always good to spend an afternoon with her.
2 comments:
Mtn Dew is the only reason I ever get anything done! I wish you had some video on Jackson all hyped up, it would have been hilarious. What an awesome Grandma! Soda, sugar & money. Love it!!
Grandparents are the best! Mountain Dew + sugary treats not so bueno. I love that she gives them $.
Post a Comment